We made our choice to stay at JRB based on many TripAdvisor reviews, so it's only fair that we review the resort ourselves. Hopefully another family will choose to stay at JRB because of our review.
This was our second trip to Jamaica, our first trip was four years ago for our honeymoon in Negril. JRB was half the cost of that trip, so we weren't sure what to expect with the resort. As soon as we stepped off the bus, we were treated like family. We were greeted with "welcome home" and that's just how it felt. We were quickly checked in, offered a drink and shown to our room. We paid for a garden view room, but that's not what we were given. I'm not sure if our room was considered pool view or ocean view, but it was fantastic and had a great view of both. I made a special request for a ground floor room in advance and that request was honored. We used our patio door to walk right across the grass to the infinity pool each morning. We were always greeted by Courtney and he made sure to call us by name.
For our first day, I surprised my wife with a beach cabana. We checked in around 10 a.m. as requested and we were off to a fantastic start (see photos). We were welcomed by a friendly face who would become very special to us throughout the week. Javan started by saying "welcome to your second bed" and quickly got us settled. Javan has a motto for the cabana, "nobody move, nobody gets hurt." In other words, relax, he'll take care of the rest. He made sure our drinks were always full, he offered to bring us lunch and even surprised us with a coconut one day. That's right, we spent three days in cabanas during our trip. We were treated like royalty, and that's an understatement. Miguel, Javan and the rest of the beach concierge crew were fantastic.
The food on the resort was spectacular, from the buffet to Jade Samurai. The staff were always fun and entertaining and treated us great at each meal. Platinum was so good, we dined there three times, twice for dinner and once for breakfast. Having an alternative option for breakfast is rare on an all-inclusive resort and we loved the breakfast at Platinum.
The beach was great, with ample space and the most beautiful water I've ever seen, it was the perfect place to relax if you wanted to get away from the pools. We were never crowded, whether we were on the beach or at one of the pools on the property. We were always provided with wait staff no matter where we landed.
A topic we often don't want to think about on vacation is health care, but we had to utilize the resort's offerings while on our trip. The nurse, a substitute for the week, was fantastic. She had to call in a doctor to see my wife and he came in and took great care of us. He prescribed her medication and went to pick it up for us at a local pharmacy, then delivered it to the resort.
Kristoff was one of the two resort photographers. He snapped several photos of us throughout the week, which we were happy to purchase before we left. More than the great photos, Kristoff offered fantastic conversation with lots of history about the island and what it's like to work on a resort. He was one of our favorites of the week.
I could go on and on about our trip and I know I'm leaving out several folks who were crucial to our vacation. Next time were taking a notepad to keep up with names for good reports. We're already looking to book our next vacation to JRB. We hope you're doing the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica