“great family time!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Street | North Coast Hwy, St. Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Runaway Bay
New York City, New York
“great family time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

my family has stayed in Jewel for 1 week and we have really enjoyed the vacation. I like the tennis court and was glad to play with the tennis pro Mr."Macho". my kids had good time in the pool and the beach. My wife really likes the room service, especially from the house keeper Charmin Thompson. She made our room unblievablely beautiful!! We would like to come back for another visit in the future.

Room Tip: ocean front view rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1,561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
Orillia Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I returned from the Jewel on Tuesday July 8th. Once again we were treated like close family. Our greeting as soon as our transfer pulls up to the door is a huge, "welcome home my friends," and that is echoed throughout the resort on our walk to our suite along with many hugs. We have been given the same suite three times in a row now so it really does feel like home. Repeat guests to the Jewel know exactly what I mean about the welcome back greeting. They never forget a returning guest and the familiarity has you relaxed from the minute you arrive. No surprises just improvements continuing all the time. Junior suites have been expanded, water park well underway, great new Platinum restaurant (with great presentations that I will keep a surprise), outside Moonstone Italian restaurant with new patio tiles, painting going on everywhere, new patio decking around hot tub, furniture and air conditioner refurbishments, and much more. Just a note we stayed in the building next to the water park construction and it didn't bother us at all. Don't worry about this because if you didn't know a park was being built you wouldn't even know it was going on. We did go in the back of the building to look over the fence. Wow it is going to be fantastic! Can't wait for Christmas as me and The Lazy River have a date! Ha Ha By the way if you are thinking about going for Christmas I suggest you book soon. I have a feeling it is going to be sold out early this year. As usual time spent with Mr. Robbins is always super interesting as he tells us what is new and what is next for the resort. He always has time in his busy schedule to stop and chat which all guests really appreciate. He even mentioned us in his speech at the Manager's Cocktail Party. Ha Ha Scott is the best manager in the business! We have so many close friends at the resort it is impossible to mention them all. In my reviews I like to highlight a few staff members each time that went above and beyond. Our friend Shurlene was on vacation when we were there so we had the pleasure of meeting our butler Alloy. We have seen Alloy throughout the year as he worked at the beach and pool area providing drinks. When we got to the resort he greated us in his fancy uniform and told us he was filling in as a butler. Well he did an amazing job. He was totally professional and he spoiled us rotten. We couldn't believe how fast he learned the trade as it is not an easy one. He is a motivated individual with a heart of kindness. Our friend Hamantro treated us like a King and Queen. He never fails to make our trip extra special. He is a talented individual with the talent to move up through the Jewel ranks. It was so nice to see Keron the bartender back. He gets the crowd going and every customer is excited to see what he is going to make for them next. Also he holds court with his wonderful sense of humor and his jokes. He is a real asset to the already awesome bartending staff. Courtney in the lifeguard department was his responsible, personable self. I read on here that somebody complained about the school children that came to visit the resort one day. Let me put this in perspective. Shouldn't kids that are finishing school in Jamaica get a chance to celebrate? We do in Canada. So the kids came one day and joined in with the other kids from other countries. They all played together and learned from each other. They didn't stay in the same place all the time so if you wanted a quiet place there was tons of places to go. Personally I felt the the Jewel stands up to the talk that they care about the school children in Jamaica. It was only one day, their last day of school! I love the way Jamaicans feel so comfortable at this resort and take it from me it is so fun when the families from Jamaica visit on the summer weekends. You will learn dances, play dominoes and the pool party is hopping or once again if you prefer quiet there are two other pools and a huge beach. Getting back to Courtney he is super observant of all the kids in the pool even when it is busy. He knows as soon as a child is going near the deep part of the infinity pool and he is right there always addressing the child in a professional manner. Joseph at the big middle pool displays the same characteristics with his big smile and welcoming personality. I always have to mention Frederick because he is always there with a big smile and a jolly laugh. The resort would not be the same without him. Keisha at the concierge desk helped us greatly with real estate papers that had to be faxed backed to Canada. She is always amazing to us and she is a great front line person to represent the resort! Thanks for everything Keisha. What can I say? We love the place and everyone there. Christmas and New Years is going to be great! By the way the Jewel offers deals for September and October. It is a good time to get away off peak times. It is off peak times because kiddies are gone back to school. Thanks again Scott and wonderful staff! Nat and Wayne xoxo

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Let me start by saying that Jewel Runaway Bay is still our home away from home and 2nd to none. In our “short” visit we saw so many more changes and many more to come. New restaurant, start of the water park, more room renovations, etc….
With all of that being said, our 2 week stay was cut short due to some medical situations. I’ll start at the end saying all is well but it was better safe than sorry to come back to the states and be seen by my doctor.
When my situation occurred I was seen by the Jewel staff nurse, Luis. He is 100% professional and has the capabilities to handle all sorts of situations. I also saw a doctor and was completely comfortable with his diagnoses, which turned out to be the same as my own doctors. I cannot stress enough that anyone with even a headache should feel comfortable in seeing the nurse on staff.
The entire staff at Jewel from GM, Concierge, and right on down the line was very helpful getting us through what I can call one of our scariest moments every. We cannot thank them enough!!!
The only sad part was, having to leave our Jamaican home but know in our hearts that we will be back very soon and can’t wait to give each of our friends on staff a big hug!

Until next time!
Nuff Luv.
Cocotel & Mrs Coco
Drew & Elba

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
rasbrat, General Manager at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear cocotel,
Once again I am so happy that all is well and it was not serious. We look forward to you return as always so you can experience the new changes. Besides the new changes at least now it seems like you have tried everything that the hotel has to offer.
take care and we will see you soon
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and 8yr. old son just got back on the 6th. What a great time. The people were awsome especially Shauna at the grill and Frederick, the executive shef. everyone was friendly and always askinf if everything was alright. Great food at all the restruants and the 4th of July meal around the pool and show made us feel at home. The only issue we had was with the mosquito's in the room. This was a constant issue and the hotel did everything such as gfogging the bushes during the day and spraying our room daily. would suggest bringging a few cans of OFF as your back up. Would reccommend Runaway Bay to anyone looking for a smaller resort where everything is easliy accessable from your room

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors per building and no elevator but noise was never an issue
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mark,
Thank you for staying with us as well as your feedback. We believe we found a good avenue to reduce the mosquitoes for the season and now it seems to be working.
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'm a travel agent who inspected 18 resorts in Jamaica. This resort has more to offer than any resort on the island. Laser tag, horse and carriage, a tennis pro, amazing food and service. It took first place in my mind. Such a perfect resort for groups, so many included extras!

Room Tip: Even the lower priced rooms were great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
rasbrat, General Manager at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for your review and comments. We look forward to taking care of our mutual guests as well as you when you return.
Matamoras, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What a great experience!!! Like-family resort...everyone was so friendly, helpful, amazing!!! From the bell-boy, lifeguard (Andre), bartender (Keron, Jason), waitresses-Natasha, Miesheika, and our girls from the pizza place (both-waitress and cook-sorry, don't remember names), to our roomkeeper, front desk Marco and the Saturday night manager, pool lifeguards, DJs, the maintenance worker climbing the tree to get the freshest mango we have ever had....to everyone who crossed our path --- thanks so much for a great vacation!!!
Very clean and comfortable rooms, great food (did not even get to taste all of it in one week)---loved the beach party night.
Loved our private plunge pool, great mini-bar (including french sparkling wine ;) ), loved it!!!! Blue Mountain Coffee and tap water-loved it!!!! The best ever-beach bonfire with roasting marshmallows.... not enough time to experience everything this small resort has to offer. THANK YOU!!! Please make sure your employees are always recognized-they are the ones making this an awesome experience! (Sorry I did not get everyone's name listed here)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear John,
thank you for you review. We take the names that you all mention on here and give the most mentioned award every month. I am sorry you did not remember the names. Maybe next time.
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was one of the best family vacations I have gone on in a long while with my kids (young adults 21 and 19). The rooms were nice and very clean. We had a great view from our room of the beach and pool. The staff was amazing. The resort was at 30% capacity since we went rainy season but it didn't rain at all the whole week we were there. The food is fine and they have enough choices that you don't get tired. They entertain you day and night and the entertainment is pretty decent considering it's an all inclusive resort. Drinks are fine. They make a lot of mixed drinks with different juices so watch out on the sugar. The pizza was awesome and the Japanese restaurant was good. I didn't eat at the Italian restaurant but everyone said it was good. The place was not packed at all since it was off season so we were catered to. The beach is one of the best. It felt like our own place. The grill is open 24 hours. We all had a great time and will come back again. We met many people from other countries that had come here several times.

Room Tip: I don't know what building we were in but we were on the second floor and the view was great and...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
yes May was slow. Hopefully with your help we can fill up next year.
thanks for coming
Scott

Been to Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!