We stayed there from 15Jan to 22Jan with a 5-yr-old and a 3-yr-old. I read a lot of reviews before the trip and we decided that this must be the place to go..... Well, it sure was! When checking in, the staff would say "welcome home" and it sure felt like home after spending a week there.
Despite not the perfect weather we would have liked and a sick 3-yr-old, the Kids Club made the trip one of the most memorable ones! Thank you, beautiful Shanah, for loving our son so much! The turtle and the Jamaican keychain are in his room, and we look at them every day, thinking how nice you were. And my dear Lorna and Toni, we miss you so much! We talk about our dancing nights (or running around party!?). Lorna is a practicing nurse, which is nice since she can tell you what is wrong with the kids when they're sick. And my Jamaican twin sister Toya. I personally cherish our special bonding times together. Stacy and Antoinnette had such dry humor, but they are truly caring people.
It is amazing that they provide such a quality kids care for free! While they have a great time, the adults can relax or play golf.
And the food was great. I had the best lobster there, seriously. Jaquilline makes the best omelet which I had every morning. Try her salsa! The best. Georgia at the Japanese restaurant was so nice. I wish they had green tea and miso soup at the Japanese restaurant, but I am Japanese, so maybe I expected a bit more..... Obviously, you will not get an authentic Japanese food there, but that's expected.
Tinkerbell and Purple were always nice and friendly with the kids. Keisha at concierge was excellent. And Shurline gave numerous piggy back rides to our kids.
I am sorry, this is such a personal review, but you will understand why when you visit this resort. I want to go back to see the staff because they become your family. I hope Mr. Scott knows how lucky he is to have there people working for him.
Thank you so much for the wonderful time. Hope to see you again soon....
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Runaway Bay Breezes
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.