I stayed at this hotel for a a friends wedding from June 28th-30th. I must say that there isn't a lot of difference since I stayed here years ago when it was Breezes. If anything, the customer service can be a little better, but these guys work and try very hard for what they do an are paid. Even though I waited for four hours to get into my room, I still had good spirits. Maybe them overbooking for that weekend could have been the cause. Just maybe, I dunno! Before I say anything else, I have to say that Camelia and the front office manager Ralston came to my rescue and assisted with the hold up, apparently the housekeeper said "I've had enough of this and left--LOL!".
Shurline, Claudia, & Loye were spectacular. As with any all-inclusive resort, you almost always have to make a reservation. Our group at Moonstone by Vincenzo an Italian restaurant ( For Pete's sake folks bring a short sleeved button up or polo and some khakis-that's just the slight rule to follow). Tashema was my server and she was awesome and well informed and I loved her refreshing personality. I like to try to remember the names of people, and that is why I made it a point to also mention Imran, Kirk, and Dionne at the concierge station/desk, they were Awesome and funny as hell! I look forward to coming back to this resort. I really hope that they get their Wi-Fi running more efficiently though. That was one of the main things I heard from quite a few patrons. The quality of the food needs to be better. I know it's a buffet but when folks leave home to travel abroad, they don't want to sit down to a Ryan's or Golden Coral like fanfare of blah!! Okay, okay so the pineapples and nicely shaped fruit makes the aesthetic appeal one of a tropical vibe, but dang it folks, you can improve on the quality of the food and not make it a slapped together hodge podge of vittles!! Don't sacrifice quality for quantity. People will wait for quality over a contrived presentation any day. I mean don't get me wrong, presentation is key, but when it comes to Jamaica and the product we put out I get very incensed and only want our best feet forward. It sucks to try to defend your country to foreigners who think they had it " figured out". All in all, I like this resort and will recommend it to people for a long time to come. Increase customer service, show appreciation to your staff, make food quality much better, and shorten room wait time. See Y'all soon!
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Runaway Bay Breezes
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.