We were there with 13 other members of our family for the July 4th week and it was our first time in Jamaica. We originally booked the oceanfront junior rooms but at check in we had the most amazing staff, Dorothy, who upgraded our rooms to the ones with the plunge pools. We didn't originally want this upgrade after reading other reviews since it wasn't utilized much but we were wrong. Our 5 year old daughter loved it...thank you Dorothy!
My parents were in room 1017 and we were in room 1012. Rooms were big and very clean but could use some upgrades but no complaints here. We had the most amazing view of the beautiful beach each morning. My sisters opted not to pay extra for their rooms and just had the premier rooms. They regret not having the upgraded room. Our mini fridge was constantly stocked and our rooms were always cleaned with beautiful little touches of flowers...Special thanks to Doretta for our clean rooms each day. As one guest had mentioned in their post, we never had any worries about leaving our valuables out. We had to chase Doretta down to give her tip for that day since she didn't take it after leaving it on our night table.
Food was good and my family esp enjoyed the Italian restaurant and the grill with the jerk chicken. Kids were there every day. Special mention to Stephan, Ivan, Christina and Egg Boy for their services each day but also to the entire staff...truly amazing!
Since we we traveled with kids, we didn't really take advantage of the night life. We did enjoy the bands they had each night at the buffet. We absolutely loved Buffalo Bill, reggae at its best. He even gave a shout out to our family.
The beach was beautiful. We were in the water from morning till night. Kids esp enjoyed feeding the colorful fish. We also took the family for snorkeling but wasn't necessary since you could literally see the same fishes just right next to you. I think this was one of the highlight for our kids...being able to have fishes eat right out of their hands.
Our beach experience was most memorable due to some of the life guards. I don't believe they get the proper credit for watching us on a daily basis and for keeping the beach areas immaculate each morning. We made a special friend in Alcim. He is truly a gem and we will never forget him. He got us fresh coconuts each day and made sure our kids were well taken care of. We can't forget to mention Samuel and Garrett as well. They were up at the crack of dawn to even out the sand and clean up the beach. Very hard-working staff.
We thank for a wonderful experience. My only request is that management are acknowledging their great staff with special rewards.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Runaway Bay Breezes
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.