The timing of our trip was great. We went the week before Memorial Day. It felt like we had the whole resort to ourselves with a sprinkling of guests here and there. Even then, the resort had enough staff on hand to literally wait on us for our every need.
The beach was very clean! The resort was nicely kept with open airy and clean eating spaces. Many restaurants and bars to choose from.
Just try to get any and all excursions in Ochos Rios out of the way in one day to save on 1hr+ travel time and be able to take in more of the resort.
Do not exchange your currency at the airport. We got 82 JD/ 1 USD. A very bad rate. You should get something closer to 100 JD/ 1 USD. Try the resort. They may be able to give you a better rate.
If I may pick on one thing about the resort, then it is the timing of their pools. They open late, 9 am(some 10 am) and close by 4 pm (or 6 pm). This is done to treat the pool water but I think there is room for improvement.
Dalton at the front desk was amazing.
Georgia at the excursion/ JTL desk was excellent.
For families with kids, ask for Tone, Stacy-Ann and Toya at the kids club. They were excellent with our 7 year old (and other lil critters 2 - 8 yrs old)
For family/couple pics, ask for Brendan at the flash photo office and tell him Sonia from New Jersey sent you. ;-).
For golfers, ask for Leon to caddy for you. He knew to course really well and was right on the money with every green read. The greens are well kept, although the fairways green but don't expect the type of grass as you get stateside.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Runaway Bay Breezes
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Amex, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.