In all honesty, the resort needed a lot of work. Scott (GM) assured me that the resort was on a trajectory up, not down as my family and I thought. This is our family of 6's third straight year in Jamaica. I give it the highest marks because the service was so spectacular. Blew me away. Service is usually not so high on my priority, but this place was a standout. Never met so many friendly Jamaicans! Whatever issue we had (there were a few), got taken care of immediately (not Jamaican time), and in a friendly manner. I give maintenance / room appeal a solid D.Both of our rooms were very drab. Scott assured me they're working on that. We will see how honest Scott is next year, when we go back!
The food was great. Here again, not high on my priority list usually, but it was so good I had to mention it. If you live near a metropolis, forget the Japanese place. The buffet is much better. Expect a very long wait at the island outdoor beach grill. This was very disappointing, as our expectations were much higher from the other resorts we've been to. The rooms. Lets say if you didn't mind the decor of your college dormitory on check in day, you won't be disappointed. We spend very little time there anyway, since the beach here is so spectacular. Scott promised rubber wheels are on order, so I'll be looking for a responses to this in another review. The kitchen is separate from the dining room. Guess what time they bring stuff back and forth in the middle of the night? Concrete and plastic wheels sound like an earthquake every few hours. Both the main pools were wonderful and fun in their own ways. Lots of kid / family activities for lots of thousands of cheesy dollars that would overcome your vacation if you let it( think chucky cheese coupons). Overall, great time. Like I said, we would go back again, especially with Scott at the helm. I always say words are cheap. Lets see the results next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica