We arrived on March 15th 2013 & the ride from the airport was appx 1.5 hre and very pleasant. We had reserved an oceanfront junior suite & had requested second or third floor (was not interested in having the plunge pool and don’t regret it). We were given room #1025 which meant: 10= Bldg, 2= second floor and 5 is the room # = 1025. Room was super large, furniture a little old fashion to my taste but in great condition & the bed was comfortable. Lots of room & drawers to put your stuff away. The bathroom was just the perfect size with huge shower complete with massage jets. The lighting is quite insufficiant in the room, at night is was quite dark; we took one of the nightstand bedroom lamps and placed it on desk in the living area because there were absolutely no lights there. One or two more lights would be great and our A/C was miserable, they tried to fix it but after a few hours it would get quite noisy again.
The balcony are nice & large, a wonderful place to relax after a full day.
The food is overall excellent, we never had any complaints, lots of veggies & salads, cheeses. The Italian restaurant was wonderful (went twice) Japanese is very good too, the pizzeria was delicious & the fast food place (hot dogs, hamburgers, fries and much more) was very good.
No long line ups at any time of the day at the buffet.
The Nightly entertainment in the buffet area was one of the best we have seen in a long time.
You must take the glass bottom boat tour (free), that was crazy amazing with the 200 feet wall etc., and we even saw a dolphin & many wonderful things. The morning people saw a sea turtle. Lots of amazing creatures & other things. The snorkeling tour from the hotel (15$) is worth your money, you will not be disappointed.
The golf is just across the street and it looked beautiful. We don’t golf.
Entertainment staff is excellent. They do a lot of activities between the pools area and the beach so everyone knows what is going on. It was quite lively.
The only 'complaints or suggestions’ we would have are:
#1 Not enough long chairs at the beach or at the pools. Many chairs are broken & should be destroyed.
#2 Towels are given away freely which causes problems because people put towels on chairs at the beach and at the pool (double reservation on chairs) and they show up when they feel like it, if they do. Or people leaving for the day leave their towels on the chairs so you don’t know if the chairs are available. They should have large baskets a little everywhere so people can drop the towels off or at least have some control and not hand them out freely or get way more chairs.
#3: Outdoor showers are located in the weirdest areas, no wonder the pools are full of sand, you have to stand in the sand when showering? That is when you can actually find a shower. Some people were rinsing the sand off their feet in the pool and you can’t blame them.
#4 The Oceanfront Suites (Area/Bldg#10) should only be for adults. Mostly honeymoon suites etc. Don't need the screaming kids/parents. The outdoor area is extremely echo with all the cement walls for the plunge rooms and the bldg is shape like and L so when you have loud kids, it will drive anyone crazy. We felt sorry for the new guesses that just arrived on our last full day because we didn’t have that problem all week till then. These are expensive rooms so you expect a little more.
#5 A little more lighting in the Suites. I do enjoy dark but not when you are trying to get ready to go out at night.
Overall we consider this place to be one of the top vacation places we had the pleasure of visiting and we would go back without any hesitation because the staff/people, food, entertainment & scenery was just wonderful and the locals that are on the beach selling are really nice and they dont bother you if you just tell them that you are not interested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica