We stayed at the Jewel March 21-26 and I only have good things to stay! it was our first trip to Jamaica.
when we arrived we were given a room facing the courtyard, the Front Desk manager said it would be loud and because we had lilttle kids, we could try and switch our rooms the next day. It was very loud; however our kids slept like rocks because they were so tired o we decided to keep tje room. If you have kids, try and get a room away from the courtyard. Our 2 year old got sick the first night there and our House Keeping staff member Petrona was fantastic and helped us so much during our stay! She created towel animals for the kids everyday and they loved it! SHe checked on our son everyday to see how he was feeling and also made sure our room was clean before we brought the kids in for a nap at 1pm. The staff at the Buffet was amazing. We did the buffet everyday because it was easier, but we had had enough by Sunday, if you stay here, make sure to try other restaurants and reserve early for the Jade, it was completely booked!
The kids camp was amazing! We took advantage of it twice and Mishka and Charlene took great car of our kids! We were so worried about leaving them with strangers but they loved it!
the beach is small but awesome! My husband and son went out on a boat tour and said it was great! All the reviews here about the staff are spot on! Barbara from the Front Desk Mgmt team was such a nice lady and rally made us feel welcome. The Steel drum band on sunday and dinner on the beach monday were both great! Jerk pork is amazing!
There was some construction going on at the fountain just outside our room which was very loud during nap time for the kids but we do understand the resort is undergoing renovations.
Thank you to all the satff at the Jewel for a great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica