My partner and I stayed for 2 weeks and had a great time! My second time in Jamaica and I learned more about this fantastic place and enjoyed it even more.
Pros - Rooms are clean and spatious. Enjoyed our view of the garden and partial view of the ocean. The gardens are lovely. Service was very good and you could do as many A La Cartes as you wanted. As stated before on this site, the Japanese restaurant was the best, with an excellent sushi service. The staff were consistently friendly and responsive (except for the front desk.) The food was very good and we both became addicted to the jerk chicken (in fact, we did some comparisons with the jerk in other locations and found the hotel's to be the second best we had on the island.) The beach is wonderful and the swimming excellent. We did a lot of diving from the hotel's dive shop and thoroughly enjoyed it. The dive staff were professional and accommodating and even took us on a night dive (fantastic experience!)
Cons - The front desk staff were not so friendly and seemed reluctant to want to deal with us. The food got repetitive in the A La Carts, especially at the Italian restaurant. The bar ran out of olives for several days so no martinis! How does a bar run out of olives? The dive shop is not free, and can get pricey if you do a lot of diving. The golfing is way expensive. We're not practiced golfers and just went for fun. Our caddy Victor wasn't too happy with our slow progress and only showed us any friendliness when it came time to tip him.
Advice - If you're able, plan your own excursions instead of using the Jamaica Tours from the hotel. We took one of their tours to Dunns Falls and were treated like cattle herded through a variety of gift shops. Better to just get a taxi and negotiate where you would like to go. We had much more fun and saved money doing this to see the Green Grotto Caves, Fern Gully, Ochos Rios and historical sites. Also for an excellent horseback riding experience, just walk over to the stable just east of the resort and negotiate a price. The fellow who runs this has bred the horses and takes excellent care of them; may as well have your $ going straight to the horses and handler, vice a tour company. We had a fantastic ride around the nearby mountain and in the ocean! An experience neither of us will forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica