Vacationed at the Runaway Jewel in St. Ann's February 18th through the 22nd with four other couples. This was our first time in Jamaica ( several times, in parts of Mexico). Went through customs fast, then they provided free transportation to the resort, it was OK, little bit of a wait to make sure we had everyone. From the airport its about an hour and a half, we arrived at the resort at about 3 in the afternoon. We stayed in room 2208, it over looks the grounds but not much more, didn't really bother us that we didn't have a ocean view room. The room was nice, furniture is a little dated, bed was comfy, bathroom was spacious, but nothing to write home about. Pretty much enjoyed the resort while we were there, the guys went golfing one day at the course just down the street. The greens fees are included in our stay but by the time you rent clubs, shoes and pay for mandatory caddie it was about 75.00 a person, still worth it though. One day all of us went to the Dunn River Falls, booked through the resort was 50.00 per person, it was fun. They drop you off at Dunn River falls, wear water socks, or something you don't mind getting wet, or you can rent water socks for 7.00. You can also rent a locker to put your other belongings that was 8.00, but you got 3.00 back when you return key Note: they are big lockers, so you could share with others in your group to save a little money. They walk you down to the bottom , group you with about 25 other people, you form a daisy chain by holding hands, then proceed up the falls through the rapid water, my wife even went, it was a blast.
What they have for restaurants? they have an Italian sit down, formal wear, serve on a first come first serve basis's, it was good. Japanese, where they cook in front of you, have to have reservations, so book right when you get there, it was fun, our cook was a blast!!! The have a place where they make wood fire pizzas, the normal buffet place, for breakfast lunch and dinner. They also have a open grill where they make Hamburgers, chicken wraps, hot dogs fries etc. I thought the food was very good, for breakfast a gentleman by the name of Egg Boy makes its quite entertaining, you'll know what I'm talking about if you ever get the chance to talk with him.
Out of the 10 of us, I'm the only one who doesn't drink, but they also have a drink menu for us, so it was a nice change of pace. The rest got there fill and I didn't hear anyone complaining, LOL. My biggest mistake out of this whole trip was not getting names, when you read the reviews about the staff, they're spot on, these people are GREAT. I remember the last night in particular, I was waiting for my wife to come out of the restroom and i was staring out onto the beach. This staff person walks by on a mission to do something else says "Hey hows it going" I said " I'm sad", this guy stops on a dime and says "whats the problem Mon", i said "going home tomorrow", he says "here give me a hug', lol. Now this guy could have kept on walking, but that's the kind of people they are.
The front office people helped us print our boarding passes and made sure we were all set to go. I would stay here again!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica