We stayed at the Jewel Runaway Bay from Feb 10-17 as part of a group of 120+ people. This was our first trip to Jamaica.
It is obvious that a lot of work is going into this resort. Lots of fresh paint, freshly groomed foliage can be seen around the resort. Our room was located on the 2nd floor as requested & was nicely decorated with no issues at all. Below our room was a plunge pool room – there is the constant sound of running water from these pools as they have a water fall feature. The housekeeping team was great.
We enjoyed all of the restaurants that we ate at. The Japanese and Italian restaurants were great and the buffet was very good with a good selection every day. The breakfast entertainment by Egg Boy was a definite highlight. Pizza hut was not open yet, but expected within a couple of days – maybe next time. We also enjoyed lunch at the grill. The drink selection was good with lots of variety. We enjoyed the entertainment throughout the day, including the steel drum band on our first night. All the staff was friendly & very helpful.
Wifi was available in the lobby at no cost. Computers were also available for guest to use in the computer room. The concierge desk was very helpful – able to answer all questions that we had.
We took the free glass bottom boat ride along the reef directly from the resort. There were hobby cat rides too. Just sign up at the hut. They offer snorkeling and diving as well.
The beach is very nice with lots of lounges and trees for shade. Hammocks and cabana huts are also available. Staff was removing and replacing lounges for cleaning and maintenance both on the beach and around the pools.
There are 3 pools – each just a little different – the pool with the swim up bar is an infinity pool – not very deep. The larger pool is a bit more conducive to swimming being a bit deeper. There is another smaller pool by the oceanview suites. Towels are available at the huts near the pools
The grounds are lush and very well kept – the hard work of the gardeners is very obvious.
We did the Dunn's River Falls excursion – lots of fun hiking up the falls. Enjoyed our shopping trip into Ocho Rios & really liked the Coyaba Gardens Tour. Ocho Rios Highlights is a tour worth taking if you don’t want a full day away from the resort – ½ day .
We prefer a smaller sized resort and loved the resort and the staff are amazing and couldn’t do enough for us. Thanks to Scott & his staff for a very memorable vacation. We would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica