I was a little worried because of some reviews but we had a wonderful time and this is a great place! Its beautiful and staff is very friendly and welcoming. We stayed only 4 nights but it felt like home. The staff remember who you are and are quick to strike up conversations. I have so much to review so I'll try to organize it:
STAFF: very friendly. Bring lots of 1s and 5s to tip. They earn it and your drinks and service only get better. Tomiek, Lenford and Sheldon are excellent bartenders and easy to talk to. Ask Lenders to make you the "oh Jesus"drink. Let the guys with cameras take your pictures. You can buy a CD of the pictures before you depart or you can decline but it's worth it to let them take pictures anyway. Crazy J is 1 of the photographers and he is very nice, easy to talk to and takes great photos.
FOOD: the food is pretty good especially at the Starlight Grill and Reggae Cafe. Do not leave this place without experiencing the jerk chicken sandwich at the reggae cafe. The daily buffet has a pretty good selection and I am glad to say they have some authentic Jamaican selections. Tell Egg Boy where you're from & you'll be surprised by how much he knows about where you live! The Jade Samurai is also a wonderful restaurant and great on ambience. The Moonstone Italian restaurant is a work in progress however. This is their formal restaurant so don't turn up wearing flip flops or you'll be turned away. Unfortunately the food was overcooked not fresh and the selections are not very Italian. But several other visitors did enjoy the food there.
ACTIVITIES: There's plenty to do here and never leave the resort. Get your hands on the daily schedule or check out the boards around the resort. Get a couples massage it is well worth it -I think they have 4 hands each! Bring your own snorkeling gear to snorkel 50 feet off the beach. It is very pretty and lots to see. Besides the 3 pools and bars they offer wind sailing, kayaking and scuba trips. I heard there was a late bus that takes you to Ochos Rios to bar hop. There are daily planned activities but sometimes lack participation. The evening entertainment starts after 8 and is awesome. The Steel Orchestra and reggae singers rock and don't miss them!
ROOMS: we chose a plunge pool room with garden view and it was worth it. Room1115. My understanding is that its a newer building so had some upgrades from other parts of the property. The shower is like a spa shower for 2-excellent! The room was clean and turn-down service a nice touch. There is a safe in the room. The fridge liquor (red stripe & champagne) is included and replenished daily.
OTHER TIPS: please tip and you can do so in US dollars. If you sit at the bar for an hour, drop a couple of bucks. Also, when you get to the airport and through customs, head to the transportation area and go to the far right corner to the JTL counter. They will get you to the resort. The drive is an hour but the driver tells you about the area and history. The resort is now family friendly so there may be a few kids. Not a big deal. The kids are in bed when evening life heats up and there are lots to do for couples. It's still an incredibly romantic place as we celebrated or 15th anniversary here. And if you want to cut loose and get a little crazy...well, you can still do that too :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica