My fiancée and I stayed here October 2011 and as I stated when we first arrived I was very unhappy with the state of the resort. But I wanted to write a review for those people looking into going here, so you will be well informed. The resort is old and outdated and in desperate need of a makeover. Our sink broke on us most of the trip, the shower head kept coming off and splashing water everywhere! The ac was strange, it would cycle on really cold and then turn off and you wouldn't be able to turn it back on for a while. But it was a clean room and there were no bugs in our room, which made me very happy!
As far as food goes, we were a little disappointed in the food, it was a little tasteless or it all tasted the same. Definitely need a better beer selection, but the rum drinks were awesome. I loved the service they offer where you can request certain grocery items and they will bring them to your room or place them in the fridge for you.
The biggest complaint we had was the lack of activities offered, we stayed during the slow season, so they decided to cancel most of the activities and did not open all restaurants. So we spent most of our time drinking and playing board games on the pier...which by the way is fine for us!
Now the thing we loved the most about this place, was the staff. With the exception of maybe 1 or 2 people, we loved the staff! They were friendly and went out of their way for you. One night we wanted to do dinner alone on the pier with candles and they set it all up for us. Everyone greeted us and took time to talk to us every day. We were sad to leave our new friends behind!
So all in all we were pretty happy with our trip here and look forward to bringing our son next time to experience the nanny service.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Hotel
- Franklyn d Resort
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. One upfront price includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with iPOD Docking Stations and DVD Players, Continental, Italian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkelling, tennis, 3 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, pre-teens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.