“First dives for seven years” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Attractions in Runaway Bay
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a PADI 5 Star facility, located in beautiful Jamaica offering a wide array of scuba diving and watersports. We have locations in the tourist mecca of Jamaica and a new beach facility off the tranquil waters of Runaway Bay. We also offer free pick up service from area hotels and cruise terminals in both Ocho Rios, Runaway Bay and Falmouth.
Woking, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“First dives for seven years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

having completed a PADI advance open water certification previously I wanted to do at least one dive. Resort divers were mentioned on the PADI website. Troy, my instructor, was very helpful in assisting me to enjoy the experience. On one dive we swam in a large shoal of Chubb as well as seeing many other fish including a Barracuda.

Visited January 2013

Regina, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Dive Company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was recently in Runaway Bay and used Resort Divers for a 2-tank Dive... and they were nothing short of FANTASTIC!!! I had originally been booked with another company, but when they never showed up at (after previously cancelling on me without any explanation), the lady at the resort's tour desk phoned this company, and I was sooo happy she did!! Within 15 minutes of calling, someone was at the resort to pick me up! They shuttled me to their dive shop (after stopping at an ATM for me) and then I was set up with all my equipment and introduced to Richie, who would be my own personal dive master for the day as I needed a Refresher. Richie was extremelly helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable, and thanks to him and Resort Divers I was able to have a wonderful dive experince. Thanks Sharkies!!!

Visited January 2013
halifax
3 attraction reviews
“Good Dive Company”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My better half used this company to certify and I did a 2 tank dive with them. I was so impressed with the training "Dr. Patience" provided..much better than the training I received when I certified! We used the internet and contacted them via email and usually by 6:30-7 am the following morning we received our responses. I did a 2 tank dive; $80...first dive was a small plane wreck...second dive was a shallow one at The Nursery where we saw a stingray, sea snake, sea cucumbers, and other critters. The only thing lacking was water and snacks available on board for our surface time; thankfully we brought some along. They also allowed smoking on the boat which surprised me but when they noticed my aversion to it the smoker quickly extinguished :)

They picked up us at the hotel (Gran Bahia) which was about 10 minutes away from their "office". They had full wetsuits but no shorties available...I brought my own, and the better hald dove without as he ofund the wetsuit too warm. Dropped us off afterwards. Very friendly, professional, and highly recommend them over any company at a resort!

Visited December 2012
Red Deer, Canada
“Sharkie's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went for 4 dives over our vacation with this company - all of which were amazing, I have nothing bad to say.
Our dive-master was extremely professional, knowledgeable and pleasant. He and the captain of the boat were amazing and worked very hard to ensure that we had a good time. I was expecting to be packing our tanks out to the boat, and back, as well as all of our equipment - we didn't even have to do that (we offered of course, but they said they'd prefer to do it).
Our dive-master wasn't pushy, did not pressure us to offer a tip.
Showed us some amazing dive spots - we were fortunate to see a Green Turtle (it was huge, and amazing), along with many other very cool creatures.
I credit this team for making this one of the most amazing vacations that I have ever had - due to our 2 days of diving with them.
I would highly recommend checking this place out. You'll be sad you missed it otherwise.

Visited November 2012
Maryville, Missouri
40 attraction reviews
“Great diving in Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Carnival cruise line didn't offer any scuba excursions in Ocho Rios, so I searched Internet to find a dive company in the area, and found Resort Divers. Contacted and arranged by Internet. Dive shop is about 20 miles from cruise ship terminal; Resort Divers will pick you up and return you for the cost of the gas ($30 for the 2 of us). Owner Everett Herron promptly picked us up and gave us a little info on the area and about Jamaica in general since this was our first visit. We were the only 2 divers on the boat; dove with Raymore a.k.a. "Dr Patience" who was indeed patient and polite. He gave us a few pointers on better buoyancy control during our surface interval. Warm water, plenty of varied coral, sponges, fish. Viz about 60 feet. Nice warm water shower back at the dive shop afterwards. And then, to top it off...Everett bought us a Jamaican lunch on the way back..."beef patty and Ting. He also took us to the ATM since it was a CASH ONLY dive shop and we weren't told that in the emails. Nevertheless, we will dive with them again on our next trip to Jamaica.

Visited September 2012