Being a Jamaican living abroad, I love to play tourist when I return home to my homeland. My family and I usually stay at All Inclusive resorts in Ochi or Montego Bay but decided to try something more on the hidden path for our most recent visit....and Man did we make the Best Choice EVER! Portland is more than a hidden gem and the service provided by Moon San Villa is top notch.
The great service from the staff at Moon San Villa began the minute we inquired about reservations. I just had to book immediately! We booked the Upper Master, as well as the Master bedroom which both had lovely views of the blue lagoon. The upper master bedroom was the perfect layout for my family of 4, which also included an adjoining bedroom for my 3 yr old and 1.5 yr old. The Upper Master is more than worth the price and that is even before seeing the view from the adjoining balcony. Greg even provided a play yard for our busy 1.5 yr old in the adjoining bedroom. The Master Bedroom is perfect for a couple and still has room for an additional bed.
We arrived late at night and had a little trouble finding the villa as it is on a hill. Marley was readily waiting and managed to notice from the balcony that we were in fact lost, as we drove by the villa. He pointed us in the direction of the entrance to the villa and was waiting by the gate once we arrived. We knew then that this was going to be a great vacation! Marley helped us unload and made sure everything was where we needed it to be from the minute we got out of the vehicle. He showed more care, concern and hospitality than I have Ever experienced. We entered the villa and it was like another world from the balcony. Being that it was late Marley gave us a quick run through and wished us a good night.
Upon waking up the following morning I couldn't wait to see the view from the balcony. It was the most refreshing/breathtaking feeling. Shortly after we met our cook Donna, she made us some delicious authentic Jamaican breakfast and it was the best Jamaican breakfast I ever tasted. It is true what they say, Everything is better in Portland! Marley gave us a heads up of places to see, things to do and we were then off to a great time exploring Portland.
We swam in the blue lagoon and visited several local attractions (Somerset falls, Boston Bay, Boston Jerk Centre), but the highlight to our trip was the boat ride provided by Moon San Villa, in which Marley was our captain. We learned a lot of history about the area, as well as who's who in the local community. It was a great way to end our stay.
We more than enjoyed our stay and wish we could have stayed longer. It was the most relaxing, laid back, and all natural vacation. If you are looking for a whole new untouched world, with great views and amazing people, go to Portland! and the place to stay- Moon San Villa! Can't wait return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moon San Villa has all of the charm of an older Jamaican villa that overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is 300 feet from the Blue Lagoon. This villa offers daily COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR 2, FREE USE OF BOAT WITH CAPTAIN for snorkeling and sightseeing to San San Beach, Monkey Island and Blue Lagoon. (If you stay 3 days or longer), you also receive COMPLIMENTARY PASSES TO THE BLUE MOUNTAIN BICYCLE TOUR, #1 tour in Portland. Moon San Villa can be rented per bedroom or take all 5 bedrooms. Moon San Villa offers the perfect blend of peace and tranquility, while enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of the Port Antonio area. Many of the special services offered are private photography tours, in-room massage, beach and mountain horseback riding and private waterfall tours. There is COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI in the whole villa. Buy your groceries or have our staff buy your groceries for you and they will COMPLIMENTARY COOK YOUR LUNCH OR DINNER.Each room has cable-TV and coffee makers with Blue Mountain Coffee. Staff includes manager/housekeeper/cook/boat with captain/tour guide/full-time security.Just 300 ft. from the villa is the entrance to the Blue Lagoon. The lagoon is both fresh and salt water, and water temperatures are warm and cold, which makes swimming a whole new experience. Entrance to the Blue Lagoon is included • On some days you might be the only couple. Three other white sand beaches nearby •Must do while at Moon San: Blue Lagoon, San San Beach, Frenchman's Cove, Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours, Reach Falls, Rafting on the Rio Grande. Our staff can schedule all of your excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Moon San Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon San Villa Hotel Port Antonio
- Moon San Villa Jamaica/Port Antonio