“Beautiful view with gracious hosts.” 5 of 5 stars

Boat/Bike Tour/Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Port Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Savage, Minnesota
“Beautiful view with gracious hosts.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Staying at the Moon San Villa was a highlight in our trip to Port Antonio area. We were traveling with our 2yr old and stayed in the upstairs master bedroom which had a little attached room for him to sleep in - so much nicer than sharing a bed like we had been earlier in the trip! The view from the room and top balcony was stunning with the ocean below and bougainvillea around the window attracting birds. Donna cooked us delicious breakfasts in the morning and Marley took us out on the boat and showed us the sites around the area; they were both more than attentive and went above and beyond any guest house staff I've ever met before. The only challenge was that the place is a ways out of town so you have to take a car to get to dinner but we were always able to catch a route taxi no problem.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Moon San Villa is a very affrodable option in Port Antonio. The villa itself is modest but very clean and has wonderful views of the water. It's proximity to the Blue Lagoon makes it amazing, having Marley as a host makes it outstanding. To provide an example of the type of host Marley is, within 5 minutes of walking into the villa for the first time and remarking that something in the kitchen smelled amazing, Marley had given me his lunch so I could have a taste (yes, I stole Marley's lunch). I could not recommend this place more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We drove ourselves from Montego Bay to Port Antonio and although the road was rather narrow and winding in parts it was worth every km to to get to Moon San Villa.This little villa faces the ocean, is surrounded by rain forest and is a 2 minute walk to the magnificent Blue Lagoon.I am a bird watcher and there were hummingbirds everywhere and lots of little forest birds right there.The staff are wonderful-Marley takes you out on the boat for free and any tours can be booked with him. Donna is a great cook and breakfast is included in the tariff. Greg the owner is awesome.The famous Fishermans Cove beach is a short distance away.If one is coming to Jamaica this hidden gem is not to be missed-off the beaten track and quiet !

Room Tip: We had a sea-facing room with a balcony-superb!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton Freewater, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Angela greeted us first and she was nice then Marley greeted us and he made sure we were comforted. The breakfast was amazing and Greg is great also. Great huts is ok to go and relax during the nights I didn't eat there we hit the Boston jerk center that was off the chain the lobster is great go to the first jerk pan. I give french man cove zero the service not too good and the food sucks. The beach on the other hand is nice but ruff waters. The high point of the trip was taking the boat ride to San San beach and going to Monkey island. Thank you Marley and Angela and Greg for a great time. The bathrooms were some if you are big you might need a bigger bathroom.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
College Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had the best weekend at Moon San Villa. First I arrived at the airport and was greeted by Marley, who turned out to be my knight in shining armor. He was very patient while we had to wait a couple of hours for my luggage to arrive. I was unhappy but quickly got over it because of his optimistic attitude. I arrived at the villa, which was awesome and relaxing. If you are looking for a great time to relax and enjoy the real side of Jamaica, this is the place to start. Marley is a great tour guide and he knows his way around and if he doesn’t, he knows who to call. The view from the villa’s balcony was awesome night or day. I really loved the boat ride to San San beach where I perfected my snorkeling techniques, brushed up on my swimming thanks to Marley. I also went conch diving but did not find enough for dinner; loved San San beach. The breakfast was great; for dinner I got some jerk from one of the little restaurants and sat by the marina with a cocktail listening to karaoke. I went to reach falls and that was just beautiful. I did not get to do all that I had planned due to my short stay but this gives me a reason to go back real soon.
The staff is exceptional and they really work hard to make sure you are comfortable and to accommodate all your little desires. Waiting on a cab was no fun; so I would suggest renting a car so you can get around and do more activities; if even for a few days. When planning your trip, remember traveling takes pretty much the whole day so plan accordingly.
Thanks to Mr. Gregory, who is very nice; Marley, who makes the best ackee and salt fish breakfast; loved the curry lobster; Angela, thanks for breakfast it was great; Donna, thank you for breakfast.
Apart from my sisters wedding in March, this was one of the best times I have had in Jamaica; I’ll be back to Moon San Villa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New Jersey USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

we stayed for a few days at Moon San. what a great place. this is not a luxury villa, but a comfortable bed and breakfast. with the nicest staff. Marley was the best. we arranged for him to pick us up at the Kingston airport. and it was like meeting an old friend. the 2 1/2 hr drive was full of fun sights and beach and mountain views. Marley kept us engaged the who ride. Donna has a lovely fish dinner waiting for us. and fed us well for breakfast and another dinner of curry chicken. everything very fresh. our room was comfortable with a big bathroom (water pressure was a bit weak). the view over to blue lagoon, wonderful.Marley took us out on the villas boat to san san beach and monkey island. so relaxing. yes i would recommend this place to anyone that wants to get a taste of the real Jamaica.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I traveled all around Jamaica with my husband for 10 days and staying at The Moon San Villa was our best experience. As we arrived Marley was waiting for us and greeted us as if we were family he took us snorkeling for hours we were able to see star fish and catch our own dinner literally with a spear gun which was so much fun. He also cooked what we caught snd it was better thsn any food we had while in Jamaica. Marley made us feel as if we knew him for years and was beyond attentive. The food that was prepared was fresh and amazingly delicious. Marley also had us escorted to a restaurant called Anna Banana which was amazing as well. Upon arriving the greeted us by our name as if they were waiting for us all thanks to Marley. I cannot express how warm and authentic this place was expecially Marley and Donna. It is two minutes walking distance from the Blue Lagoon which is a very beautiful. I definitely recommend anyone to visit Moon San Villa you will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Moon San Villa? Share your experiences!