“Paradise found!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau en Exotica

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Antonio
Chateau en Exotica
San San, Port Antonio, Jamaica   |
Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in Port Antonio
Hayward ca
“Paradise found!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

One word "GO"! It is paradise found, quiet, clean and happy! My family, which consisted of 15 of us, oldest being 75 and youngest being 2.....including two teenagers, 15 and 17 respectively.....spent 10 days here June 22 2008!
What a wonderful experience for us all!!!!
It was breathtakingly beautiful...the very instant we entered the private grounds through the gilded gate to this Villa we fell in love. As we parked our cars and before we could even open the doors, the staff of 4 was there to great us. The smiles on their faces was heartwarming and genuine!! As we entered the front door to the Villa for a tour to familiarize us, it took our breath away, it was absolutely gorgeous and the view from the veranda momentarily stopped all of us in our tracks.........we all knew at that precise second.....we had truly stumbled into Paradise...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
joycevcastles, Owner at Chateau en Exotica, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
It was our pleasure having you spend your family vacation with us. We hope that your next vacation with us will be just as spectacular or better. Your return guest discount will always be available for you and your family.

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is true Jamaica! This is a very secluded, jungle-like property that has the most wonderful staff! If you are looking for a lot to do and are very active people, you might want to stay at a more commercialized area of Jamaica. If you are looking for a place to just relax and be pampered, this is the place! Warren, Sylvia, Nation and Doris will forever be in our thoughts as we were emotionally attached to them by the time we left. Everyone in Jamaica were so friendly and not once did I not feel safe. Joyce, the owner, is just as sweet as she can be and called to make sure we were happy. There were 9 of us and all had a wonderful time.

Medeah Chew

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is a very quiet , private villa located in what I imagine other places in Jamaica used to be like 40 years ago. The food is excellent - and I'm a very picky eater. Ask for Conch fritters, pumpkin pie, banana coconut pie, shrimp curry... I could keep going. .. The rooms were very clean and well maintained throughout our one week stay. At night we had a beautiful breeze blowing through our room and several rain storms added to the bliss. Things to do: Definitely do Reach Falls, River trip down Rio Grande, Jerked Chicken at Boston, Snorkel off of San San beach, hit the bar at Gee Jam hotel on weekends, blue lagoon, . The drive to Reach Falls is along the coastline and it is spectacular scenery. The staff are very very nice people that take a serious interest in your comfort and pleasure. I heard them arguing in the kitchen one day and asked what the problem was. Doris, the head chef, informed me that she was angry with Warren for not getting the freshest of pumpkins for her to prepare the soup and pie with. She explained to me how important this was... I have traveled all over the world and generally stay in first class hotels and villas and this one is very nice. If you need to organize a driver from Kingston or Montego Bay I highly recommend George ( Kool Kat) Mackenzie. The owner of the villa, Doris , can help you get to him. He is very professional. Doris, who I have only met over the phone was very good about setting everything up and following up on things once we were at the villa. Again, this is a place to get away from it all. Read a book on the beach, take a swim and then do it again with a few of the above things mixed in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
joycevcastles, Owner at Chateau en Exotica, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
So happy you were pleased with Chateau en Exotica! Thank you for being such a wonderful guest. We welcome you back anytime with a special return guest discount. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

As I was making my fifth trip from Kingston to the Chateau, I noticed my excitement building. We began going pass towns that were familiar, curves, and even some bumps, I found myself getting more and more anxious. I began to wonder just what all the anxiety and excitement was all about. Did I want to be sue my Dad and his special friend Susan loved the Chateau as much as my husband and I? Was it the million dollar view from the deck? Was it the rum punch, the best food ever, the peaceful relaxing surroundings, soaking in the new jacuzzi looking at Alligator Head, swimming in the pool with the amazing view and all the chateau has to offer? ( I must admit these are on my mind) But what I realize is the excitement and anxiety are all about seeing my old freinds in Jamaica, namely Nalbert, Doris, and Sylvia.....the staff that Henri and Joyce have chosen to make your stay the best.

This being my fifth trip to the Chateau what I realized most of all, is the Chateau feels like home away from home. It actually does feel like we are returning home, with each visit more and more. The staff now gets all of our idiocincracies, tastes, and is always ready to accomadate. Truly they are what makes it feel like home time and time again. We have been going since 1995 and Doris has been there ever since. The Chateau itself is stunning. The new fans in the living room and master bath room are gorgeous. The Chateau gives you the feeling that you are alone on a deserted island with all of your needs taken care of. It is a beautiful place to hang out and enjoy. Again, I can not stress enough that it is what Henri and Joyce have set up and Nalbert, Doris and Sylvia carry out that makes this place feel like home.

Although, the Chateau is wonderful and it may be hard to leave, please do explore Port Antonio and the beautiful surroundings. The town is full of life and people who want to share their stories and thier culture with you, take it all in. The natural beauty the area has to offer is amazing. A few of my favorites are rafting the rio grande, reach falls, and fenchman's cover...also dont forget Winnefred beach.

We were even already discussing out sixth trip to the Chateau before we ever left. The Chateau truly feels like a home away from home for us. A special thanks to Nalbert, Sylvia and Doris who encourage that feeling with every visit. I can not wait to return!! It is true the Chateau can be habit forming.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

After giving birth 3 months ago, vacation was the last thing on my mind but I'm happy that my wonderful & thoughtful husband convinced me in going to Jamaica where we stayed in the most romantic oasis surround by lush green mountains harmoniously over looking the beautiful blue sea as the sounds of song birds filled the air. Upon our arrival we were graciously greeted with champagne in long stem crystal glasses by the butler & the entire staff making us feel like celebrities. Chef Doris is really fantastic not to mention her must have delicious bread pudding. The villa was immaculately kept which was comforting with my new born. I was pampered with an amazing reflexologist & baby nurse Carole Rose who has duel citizenship in Jamaican & United States which was all arranged by the staff. I felt safe leaving my baby to go and have poolside candle lit romantic dinners with my husband & lounge at the most beautiful private white sandy beaches. The staff went above & beyond in their call of duty. I almost forgot that I was a new Mom. Come one come all & immerse yourself in sheer bliss. I'm Already planning my return trip to Chateau en Exotica with two other couples & their children.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Dear all,
It is a great place to stay with beautiful views from the mountain to the sea. The service was superb on our 10 day stay, which we then continued at Castles another great villa from the same owner. But coming back to the Chateau, we were welcomed with open arms. We had all the comfort in the world, great service from the staff at the villa. This area of Jamaica is very calm, compared to the buzzing tourist places. You can relax on many beautiful beaches, climb water falls, go bamboo rafting, swim in the famous blue lagoon etc. etc. etc. It is all in a more relaxed atmosphere, as the big tourist places are far away. The Chateau offers everything you want from a 5 star hotel, personal service to your needs in any situation. We enjoyed our stay and can only recommend this villa to all, whom are seeking some exceptional experience!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Naples, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Just got back from our vacation (the five of us, my husband, myself, and 3 children, 7, 11, and 15) for two weeks at the very beautiful Chateau en Exotica in San San, Port Antonio, Jamaica. From the moment our driver pulled up thru the private gates we felt as if we were on "Fantasy Island". We arrived in the afternoon only to be greeted with the most delicious cold rum punch for the adults and Shirley Temples for our children. We knew we were off to a great start! The property is totally breathtaking and views of the beautiful Caribbean Sea took our breath away. The helpers, Nal, Sylvia, and Dorris waited on us like we were celebrities and made our whole family feel very welcome.The food was so delicious( I even had Doris write down the recipe for her dishes)There were some awesome unique beaches very nearby the Chateau and lunch and drinks can were served to us. We also visited waterfalls and got to swim. Although we weren't able to go rafting this trip (they were working on redoing the rafts), we for for sure do that trip.

All in all, our trip was a success and our children have not stopped talking about Chateau since we've been back. They are already planning their next trip! Good News because it will be our 2nd visit, we will get a discount!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Chateau en Exotica? Share your experiences!