It will be difficult to express how amazing our stay at Goblin Hill was, but I'll try! Our group vacation included four adults and a child. The two bedroom villa had ample space for all of us. It was always clean and we never wanted for anything. Whatever we asked for, the staff was eager to help us attain. The most surprising to us was that we rarely saw the other guests. Even though we stayed right next door, the noise level was nil and we felt like we were the only ones.
Our housekeeper, Diana, went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. Not only did she cook amazing meals and take care of the villa, she also helped me take care of a banking situation when my debit card wouldn't work. I would have had difficulty navigating without her. She also helped us with the grocery shopping, which I'm sure she would have done on her own, but we wanted to see the town, so we accompanied her. The entire time we were in town, she not only managed her business, but also kept a good eye on my friend and I to make sure we were safe.
Matthew in the Tree Bar was also very accommodating. Not only did he serve us delicious rum punch, but he was a great resource when we first arrived on where to go, what to eat and what to do. He gave us the hook up to the lobster man and the masseuse. Their motto seemed to be that nothing was impossible, you just had to ask!
There were two minor negatives to our stay, but they didn't hinder my enjoyment, so I cannot deduct from my rating for them. First, the pool is in a shaded area and was not warm enough. The children found it enjoyable, but as adults, we barely got in. Also, the closest beach was down a long flight of stone steps and about a block away from the bottom. It would not be a bad walk for most, but as I was suffering from a hip injury, I could not do it. It was very easy to get a taxi to transport us, however and it was reasonably priced.
- Also Known As:
- Goblin Hill Villas Hotel
- Goblin Hill Villas Hotel Port Antonio
- Goblin Hill Hotel
- Goblin Hill Port Antonio
- Goblin Hill Villas Jamaica/Port Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goblin Hill Villas at San San Bay sits on twelve acres of lawns and gardens, overlooking sparkling Jamaican white sand beaches and turquoise Caribbean water.All of our spacious villas are self-contained, with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining rooms, and a wide covered terrace or balcony with its own view over the Bay.The villas open onto wide expanses of lawns and gardens. All bedrooms have private bathrooms, air-conditioning and ceiling fans.Each villa is staffed with a friendly housekeeper to prepare and serve meals, do your shopping and carry out all house- keeping duties. You will find she is also your unofficial ambassador to Jamaica. Our housekeepers are versatile cooks and can prepare local cuisine, as well as international dishes using locally available produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Goblin Hill Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.