As a female solo traveler I was a tad worried, having read recent press, about going to Jamaica independently and I did not want to be locked up in a resort where, once you leave the compound, you'll be harassed by touts. Set my eyes on either Black River or Port Antonio. I came across Great Huts on the www and rang a very helpful Suzette from Great Huts who ensured me it was going to be safe. She was right and I ended up having the best time ever at GH.They picked me up from Kingston Airport, even after my very long flight delays, The staff are fantastic, they go out of their way to accommodate you, they get to know you and know exactly what you need or want and you will get to know them too. They can also arrange trips for you, and hook you up with the most wonderful people from the area (like Arlene). Paul, the owner, is a great person to have met, he too will get out of his way to make sure you have a good time. Even sang a song for me :-). It's a very relaxing, African-Caribbean place, not super luxurious, but comfortable and fun. Some huts have bathrooms half-outdoors, yet no-one can see you, it's wonderful! Oh and they have wifi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge – Aboriginal yet modern, minimalist yet complex, off the beaten path but near the night life and happenings of Boston Bay and Port Antonio. Of our little village-resort, many a guest has said: “At Great Huts, spirituality, nature, heritage and technology converge!”Great Huts is an oceanfront resort located at the lush north east point of Jamaica. Distinctive for its beach-jungle-cliff habitat and African hut and tree-house lodging, Great Huts is a unique ecological and cultural vacation experience. Each of our rustic dwellings – three Tree Houses, Three Tents and Seven Huts, are comfortably furnished, uniquely decorated, and spaciously nestled into your own corner of the Great Huts compound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio