Great huts was absolutely beautiful if you love nature. I loved the fact that it was small making the experience more personal. I felt like i was a guest at a house and not just a randomn customer at a big resort...The beach was rocky but asbolutely beautiful- you can relax, read a book, maybe listen to music and have a beer or rum and coke while you watch the beautiful ocean.
Breakfast is really good-eggs, fruit(could be better) and amazing toast with Guava jam..mhh Yummy. The coffee is absolutely GREAT! This is coming from a COLOMBIAN person that knows about coffee,..Jamaican coffee definitely met my expectations.
If you arrive in Montego Bay the drive to Port Antonio will be about 41/2hours $180.
Transportation is EXTREMELY expensive if you take private taxis. So just go out by the jerk center and get a public taxi and negotiate the price before you get it.
Winnifred Beach-absolutely beautiful, we stayed there almost all day, eating at Cynthias restaurant and having drinks by the beach.
The Waterfalls are also amazing
We went to LaBest night club on friday and it was a lot of fun! (if you like reggae, dancehall and hip hop)...
I DO NOT recommend the RIVER RAFTING-extremely boring and over priced.
Greathuts and its staff was very friendly and really cared to make an experience for the guest at the hut resort. I highly recommend it, if you love hearing the ocean at night and dont mind the insects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge – Aboriginal yet modern, minimalist yet complex, off the beaten path but near the night life and happenings of Boston Bay and Port Antonio. Of our little village-resort, many a guest has said: “At Great Huts, spirituality, nature, heritage and technology converge!”Great Huts is an oceanfront resort located at the lush north east point of Jamaica. Distinctive for its beach-jungle-cliff habitat and African hut and tree-house lodging, Great Huts is a unique ecological and cultural vacation experience. Each of our rustic dwellings – three Tree Houses, Three Tents and Seven Huts, are comfortably furnished, uniquely decorated, and spaciously nestled into your own corner of the Great Huts compound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HostelWorld, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio