For starters, Portland is the most beautiful part of Jamaica - rain forest, beautiful beaches and mountain rivers. We stayed at the Jamaica Palace for one week, January 2013. From the moment we checked in, the staff at the JP made us feel at home and in good hands. Throughout our stay, we were ably assisted with event planning, hookups with drivers, etc.The JP is a huge, remarkable structure. Our room, with it's high ceilings, was bright, airy, and clean. The grounds are beautiful. The art is wonderful. The pool is beautifully maintained. The food is fantastic. Three chefs were on staff during our stay. Several times, we met with them in the morning to discuss items not on the menu for excellent meals at dinner that included steamed whole fish with vegetables, curried lobster with rice and peas, excellent soups and salads. The service, overall, is very good, gracious and classy.
We had a wonderful, comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly Resort Hotel nestled on 5 tropical acres between the foothills of the Blue Mountains and the Caribbean sea close to all attractions in tranquil Port Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Jamaica Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Palace Port Antonio
- Jamaica Palace Hotel Port Antonio