This was our first visit to Jamaica - after waiting so many years for the opportunity; it was definitely worth the wait! We normally like to take self catering holidays as we normally prefer the freedom and solitude you get from these places, however after spending a week at Hotel Mockingbird i can honestly say that no other hotels we have stayed in come close to how well treated and looked after we were. Nothing is too much trouble - all you need to do is ask and Shireen, Barbara or one of their staff and they were always happy to make our stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. After booking the 6 days for 7 deal, which was an added bonus in itself, we were pleasantly surprised to find that also included in the offer was a cooking session with Barbara and her chefs. We prepared a wonderful 3 course lunch, complete with traditional flavours and influences. If this was a feature to other hotels where the food is held in as high esteem then this would tip the scales in deciding where to go. I disagree with an earlier posters comments about it not being a hotel for birders. The six and a half acres that you are free to roam around in has a plethora of plants and wildlife to indulge anyone interested in birding and wildlife. Plus the tours offered (at an extra cost) allow for the more seasoned of the birders or twitchers among you. Our guide had extensive knowledge and experience to answer any of the questions we had whilst we were on the tours. Food was amazing and carried wonderful Jamaican and indian influences to give a flavour filled palate that always left you wanting more. The only slight criticism is the cost: we knew coming from the UK that budgets were always going to be larger for a holiday to Jamaica but it'll be a long while before we have saved up enough to visit again - which we sincerely hope to do. One final suggestion concerns transfers: Flights either land in Kingston or Montego Bay. If you are unsure on which airport to land in i'd recommend Montego Bay as, although the drive is longer than coming from Kingston, you have the opportunity to pass through a large number of the islands parishes and get the opportunity to see the diverse and varied communities set to the backdrop of a tropical climate. If you want a shorter journey then try and find flights to kingston - although we couldn't find any direct flights from the uk to kingston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best eco boutique hotel in Port Antonio, Jamaica. Set on a hilltop on Jamaica's northeast coast between the majestic Blue Mountains and the Caribbean Sea, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is Jamaica's foremost 'green' hotel minutes from the most romantic Frenchman's Cove Beach. A tranquil, serene, sanctuary with breathtaking vistas, laid back luxury and world class cuisine, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is the ultimate, authentic Jamaican experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Mocking Bird Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mocking Bird Hill Hotel
- Mocking Bird Hill Port Antonio
- Hotel Mocking Bird Hill Jamaica/Port Antonio