You must make a trip here - the hotel is set up in the tree tops surrounded by lush gardens full of birds with amazing panoramic views from the Blue Mountains sweeping down to the coastline - will take your breath away and overall provide that real escapism feel. The hotel is beautiful with carefully designed rooms and that extra special care to attention such as the daily surprise local gifts and the relaxing smell of the oil burner. You must take a wander around the gardens! The top platform provides the perfect spot for a couple to have an intimate meal with amazing views (check out photo).
As a vegan I was overwhelmed with the daily local menu that offered numerous vegan choices whether it be a breakfast full of tropical fruit, almond milk, smoothies and homemade bread or the 3-course evening meals. Each evening there were snacks and appetizers before the meal that were so creative and flavor sensations with every mouthful. All homemade with so much variety, flavor, flair and care to the exquisite food! It was my birthday and they made a special vegan birthday cake which was very tasty! Also - must check out the wine list :)
The hotel is the perfect setting to enjoy exploring Portland and only a short trip from Kingston (we live in Kingston). We enjoyed daily trips from the hotel to Frenchmans Cove, San San beach and Port Antonio.
The knowledge, insight and approach that Shireen and Barbara have in developing this wonderful hotel with its eco-friendly ethos is refreshing and wonderful to see in Jamaica. We can't wait to come back and look forward to what Shireen and Barbara have in store for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jamaica’s Hotel Mocking Bird Hill is a romantic 10-room, eco-chic hideaway with Wi-Fi nestled in 6½ acres of lush organic tropical gardens and trees on a hillside outside Port Antonio.It offers its guests a unique environmentally-friendly setting providing intimate luxury boutique accommodation at a moderate price.This Port Antonio hotel is close to both town and beach and only a short drive from the waterfalls, forests & botanical gardens that distinguishes the North-East coast of Jamaica.With its many personal flourishes and original artwork, this informal laid back hotel in Jamaica combines a contemporary, relaxed atmosphere withan old fashioned traditional charm that instantly allows guests to feel at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Mocking Bird Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mocking Bird Hill Hotel
- Mocking Bird Hill Port Antonio
- Hotel Mocking Bird Hill Jamaica/Port Antonio