“River Rafting” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Rio Grande like an insider
Top Rated
$137*
and up
Frenchman's Cove, Blue Lagoon and Rio Grande Day...
Schertz, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“River Rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Got to do this if you are in Port Antonio --- raft like Errol Flynn did. The rafting is fairly slow and peaceful. There is a stop mid way that you can get off and swim in the river and have some lunch. The lady (i forgot her name) brings all the food down from the mountain and cooks there (very primitive looking cooking facility). And man can she cook --- the crayfish rundown was to die for!!! I highly suggest you have lunch there.

Chester
6 attraction reviews
“A relaxing way to experience Jamaica”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our hotel arranged this trip for us and is was wonderful. Its a 2 hour ride on the river on a bamboo raft and the best way to see the totally unspoilt scenery of Portland.

New York City, New York
“Neville (captain roach) and Handsome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were looking for a relaxing quiet taste of Jamaica. We were staying in St Anns bay and hired Kevin Thomas 8764212587 for the time we were there. Kevin is based out of ocho rios but will take you anywhere you want to go. We chose to experience jamaica and he found us local seafood restraunt right by the local fishermen. Kevin was great, prompt, safe and VERY accommodating.
On to Neville and Handsome. You will read the previous review of them, and every word of the warmth, experience and food was true. Neville makes the deal and brings you to His home where Handsome brings you a heaping plate of wonderful food. We got crawfish rundown, rice and beans, macaroni salad, and fried chicken. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't finish my plate! And boy did I want to! Their daughter and other children are around and sweet and wonderfully behaved. I felt badly that I hadn't brought a little something for the kids, but that's just me. We had a heavy downpour and sat on the porch relaxing until the rain stopped. Handsome keeps a very lovely home. she plants flowers in her garden, everything is as clean as can be (keep in mind it is a modest home)
Then Captain roach/Neville and his friend captain Hubert took us down the river. It was a little bit of paradise.
If you want a wonderful experience call!

Toronto, Ontario
48 attraction reviews
“Relaxing hours on a raft ...lots of picturesque places, interesting flora and fauna...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Rally (from Rally tours (876)845-2307) negotiated good price to take a raft tour on Rio Grande. It was spectacular tour, worth its money. The raft Captain kept me occupied with lots of interesting stories about local nature and locals. Too bad I was without my family. Now I know nice places to visit in Jamaica with kids. Already planned a trip late fall to Jamaica. In our itinerary: Rio Grande Tour, Black River Safari,YS Falls, Blue Lagoon and San San Beach in Port Antonio, Dolphin Cove in Ocho Rios...and Glistening Waters in Fallmouth...
I'll get again Rally to drive us around.

Visited April 2013
New York City
4 attraction reviews
“Rafting in Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Trident Hotel organized for us to raft and have lunch on the Rio Grande and it was a truly fantastic experience. rarely one can just hear the water, the breeze, the birds and nothing else and the lunch was delicious. Our "paddler" Walford, was terrific and helped make the excursion fun and special.

Visited April 2013