We stayed for 5 nights and loved it! We stayed in a room called Rocksteady and had a stunning view over the lush jungle of the sun rising over the sea, we woke up at sunrise every morning to watch it from our bed.
Geejam is extremely chilled out and private, so if you want to escape and relax in a stunning natural space we really recommend it. Unlike the last review we found the staff great, they couldn't do enough for us. We found using the mobile to ask for things and for info really convenient and obviously had a very different experience to the last reviewer. Any little issues we had were sorted out straight away. The vibe is super cool, we grabbed some of their reggae playlists and one of the barstaff even burnt us a CD.
The Geejam drivers will take you to some local beaches for free but other trips are charged. If you want a more interesting time try hailing a cab on the street. Look for the red number plates, they are licensed taxis and you get to meet some really interesting locals that way - it's a lot cheaper too.
Frenchmans Cove is a gorgeous private beach, the food the takes ages but its really good and pretty cheap too, it's 10 mins walk or a quick ride from the hotel. And we have to mention Woody's too, a local gem. Home made burgers that are out of this world and the loveliest people, again just 10 mins from Geejam.
We had an amazing stay...
Geejam rocks. We to go back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio