“Better than I remembered” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Geejam

Save Saved
You added Geejam to your Saves list
Geejam
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   San San Po Box 7312 Drapers | West Indies, Port Antonio, Jamaica   |
Special Price
10% Off or Free Night
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Port Antonio
London
“Better than I remembered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I made a return trip to Geejam with my family to celebrate my 50th birthday at the place that I have so far enjoyed best in all my travels. It really is a unique vibe set on a hillside amongst the rain forest overlooking a private beach with my favourite swimming place in the beautifully warm & blue Caribbean sea.
We stayed in Sanwood a three bedroom villa, with its own private pool a minutes walk through the lush vegetation to the Bushbar where the staff were not only friendly and engaging but a Geejam Team Member organised our daily excursions with our own driver every morning at breakfast after I had worked out in the gym with my two sons and enjoyed a stretch session. There is so much to do locally, we went rafting on the Rio Grande, had Jerk at Boston Bay,went to the marina and local market in Port Antonio as well as chilled on the decadent red four poster double beds on the Geejam Beach - where else would you find these and a full length mirror on a beach?
We thoroughly enjoyed the Spicy Lobster Pasta at The Bushbar whilst watching the in-house Mento band, The Jolly Boys on my birthday. The staff went the extra mile which really made it a special evening in a special place.
They have have just opened another hotel The Trident which has a totally different vibe, being a more elegant seafront hotel, still with the friendly engaging staff. Again we had another incredible night at Mike's Supper Club whilst being entertained by the in house Jazz band.
Geejam is unique, it's informal relaxed vibe may not be for everybody, it's not cheap, but worth every penny.

Room Tip: Sanwood is ideal for families with three double bedrooms and its own pool whilst the cabins are more...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed 10 fantastic nights at Geejam for our honeymoon. We flew from the UK to Montego Bay, then took the private charter to Ken Jones Aerodrome which was a great experience in itself. We stayed in Ska cabin, which had fantastic views over the rainforest to the sea, and across to Port Antonio.

All staff at Geejam were phenomenal. From the housekeepers who kept our room absolutely immaculate, to all the guys at the Bushbar, the fantastic drivers and the owners themselves, we were made to feel very welcome.

There were many activities on offer, but equally we found the surroundings of our cabin so nice it was great to spend time in the hot-tub and relaxing at Bushbar. The tour of Port Antonio with Bentley was a highlight, and we loved spending time at Frenchman's Cove and at the private Geejam Beach, as well as a memorable rafting trip on the Rio Grande.

A definite benefit was having use of the facilities at the immaculate Trident Hotel, including another fantastic bar, spa and some great nights at the restaurant enjoying fantastic sushi whilst listening to the resident jazz musicians.

Lasting memory - the Jolly Boys - COMING STRAIGHT INTO YOUR FACE!!

Miramichi, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visited the villa/resort in April 2013 for 1 day.....All I can say is, I have never seen anything like it before. Very small, personable, relaxing and accommodating. This is a very personable location situated in one of the most beautiful locations in Jamaica.

Accommodations are.....WOW! very high standard. The property......Clean, Quiet and beautiful. This is a unique luxury resort.

Little Far from MoBay airport I would def. Fly into Kingston airport if going directly to this location.

Located very close to Blue Lagoon (must see)

Priced high but worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I Just arrived couple a days ago from one of the most unforgettable experiences at geejam for my honey moon. The cabins are set in a very nice laid back, private arrangement and not to mention the ocean view. I'd have to mention the food for a start. we have had excellent meals all along and especially the sushi and the Jamaican cousine. The staff are very nice as well as they have been arranging lots of excursions for us such as rafting, climbing a waterfall and a visit to the local Winifred Beach and the Frenchman's Cove. Can't wait till my next visit,.

وصلت فقط بضع أيام منذ من واحدة من أكثر التجارب التي لا تنسى في شهر العسل لgeejam . يتم تعيين في كابينة لطيفة جدا وضعت الترتيبات والظهر وخاصة ناهيك عن عرض المحيطات. فما استقاموا لكم فاستقيموا يجب أن نذكر الطعام لبداية. كان لدينا وجبات ممتازة على طول وخاصة السوشي وكوزين جامايكا. الموظفين لطيفة جدا، فضلا عن أنها تم ترتيب الكثير من الرحلات بالنسبة لنا مثل التجديف، وتسلق شلال وزيارة للشاطئ ينيفرد المحلية وكوف الفرنسي ل. لا يمكن أن تنتظر حتى زيارتي القادمة.
جديد

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just came back from a stay in Geejam and it was just wonderful, so sad to be back in freezing cold England! The secluded setting of the villas give a very private and exclusive feeling to all of the rooms, and devastatingly beautiful views. The people working there couldn't have done enough for us; the weather wasn't always in our favour during our stay but the staff arranged trips for us to go rafting, climbing a waterfall and a visit to the local Winifred Beach so we were never bored. The on site restaurant - bush bar -was delicious so we didn't venture into port Antonio for dinner.

Also loved the little touches like the mobile phones to ring guest services or arrange room service, Apple TV in all of the rooms and candlelight in the evenings. It feels like the best kind of understated luxury and we literally can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: We loved Mento.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've just returned home from 8 days at the beautiful Geejam and I have to say it was one of the most wonderful hotels I have ever visited. The friendliness of all the staff, the absolutely delicious food and the terrific surrounding scenery made the stay an unforgettable one for my girlfriend and I. Geejam gets everything right, and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone looking for luxury, serenity and a time for true relaxation. Thanks Geejam.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just had the most amazing stay at Geejam's new venture, The Trident Hotel, in Port Antonio, Jamaica. We were there to shoot a epic fashion story for Tatler, which with various curveballs thrown in was sometimes challenging, as photo-shoots abroad can be. The staff were consistently helpful, kind and amenable, making our job so much easier. The private vilas are HEAVEN, thoughtfully designed and each with its own hot tub (the size of a small swimming pool) and stunning, peaceful ocean views. The private beach was beautiful, with an incredible sun-set vantage point. Food is a big deal at the Trident - the sushi some of the best I've had, and their gourmet take on jerk chicken was sensational. I would love to come back to The Trident and Geejam very, very soon and will be gushing about it for a long time - seriously didn't want to leave! Charming staff, delicious food, incredible views, architecture and design, all set in a tropical paradise. A very special hotel indeed.

Room Tip: Villa 2 has an infinity hot tub which is amazing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Geejam? Share your experiences!