“'Hidden Treasure"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Grape Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Sea Grape Villas
West End Road, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #3 of 44 Specialty lodging in Negril
indianapolis
“'Hidden Treasure"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was my first time to Jamaica, my husband and I stayed at the Wild Grape for a week. We were greeted by Donovan at the airport.We had transportation set up by Marc. We were welcomed by Juicy (cook), Christine (housekeeper), and Bentley (groundskeeper). When you drive through the gates, it's so secluded, just beautiful! When we chose to stay in, it was so convenient to have meals on the premises. Juicy is a wonderful cook, the portions were huge. Everything he made from breakfast to dinner was fantastic! We had the most beautiful views, in the morning and evening. We were close enough to walk to local places or take a quick taxi ride. When we took a daytrip and traveled to YS Falls (which is spectacular), Donovan drove us. We were comfortable knowing we had reliable transportation. Everyone took care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. We literally let ourselves just relax and take in the beauty of the property. The villa was very clean and well maintained. The water was too rough to go snorkeling, however we took great pictures. I made a mistake of not using the net the first night, the mosquitos were out in abundance. We learned to close up at dusk, use the ceiling fans, and use the net. Lucky and Blacky were two dogs on the premises. I took treats for them and they followed me everywhere. The lights went out one evening, we took Marc's suggestion and had flashlights. We walked up to the front and Juicy said they would be on soon. We went back and layed on our loungers outside in the moonlight for about half an hour. The lights went back on shortly after that. We began planning our trip back when we were there. We plan to go back in 6 months and take our daughter. We plan on staying at the Sea Grape and know she will love the property as much as we do!

Room Tip: The fans help cool and keep mosquitos away. USE THE NETS.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We began our search for our perfect wedding spot with really no real direction other than Negril Jamaica. After doing some casual searching I came across Sea Grape. The pictures intrigued me so I reached out via email for additional information and to see if they had ever done weddings there. I received prompt replies from Marc who would turn out to be my saving grace in planning our wedding, as he had his wedding there at Sea Grape. We planned our trip and connected with a wonderful planner in Negril named Isabelle Stewart. We rented all 3 of the villas there at Sea Grape so we could have the property for our group and wedding. What a special week it was for us and our family/friends.

We had the most wonderful time playing on the cliffs and sunbathing during the day and enjoying the fun evenings there at the resort. Loved that we could walk right across the street to a mart and walk to some great sites/restaurants. As a group we took the glass bottom boat to the beach for a fun experience. Other days if we wanted to head to the beach or shopping we just took taxi's that Juicy was happy to assist with. Just such a wonderful location and the sunsets make the day complete.

For us the wedding was the highlight our our trip! We can't say enough wonderful things about Juicy, Bentley & Christine. We consider them a part of our family now. They took such wonderful care of us the entire week and made our wedding day and evening so special. They went out of there way to decorate and assist. We decided to not take the group offsite for the reception, instead Juicy made us the most wonderful wedding dinner. He even did curry goat for the groom. Juicy might just be one of the best cooks ever! We enjoyed everything he made all week and really went to so much care for our wedding dinner. There were licked bowls and plates I do believe! We just can't say enough about how wonderful Juicy, Bentley & Christine are. They are truly special people and we miss them so very much!

We stayed in Wild Grape for our weeks stay. We had 2 small children staying onsite with family in Sea Grape and 2 couples staying in Big Grape. We loved the space and privacy that we had and have never been at such peace before. The children even loved it, ages 2 and 4. They couldn't really get in the water, but they had a great time exploring! We held our wedding on the cliffs outside Sea Grape and I walked along the paths from Wild Grape to our wedding spot. Such beautiful flowers to make it complete! We held our reception there at Sea Grape and then did our dinner on the patio of Big Grape. We had around 16 people for dinner and it worked perfect! The best day of our lives for sure! Did I mention my bridesmaids? Lucky and Blacky were my bridesmaids. How I love those 2 dogs. They stuck by my side the entire week and I cried when I had to leave them. Love that our wedding pictures have them in the shots!

I could go on and on about how much I love Sea Grape from top to bottom. We just love Juicy, Bentley & Christine and are already planning our trip back for another week next year if not sooner!! Thank you so much Sea Grape for making our wedding and stay perfect!!!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Let me start by saying that if you're looking for a "Resort" type experience Seagrape isn't for you. If you want to relax on an amazing property and soak in the Jamaican vibe then you've found the right place.

A few notes:

The staff - Juicy, Bentley & Christine are wonderful. We were well looked after and thoroughly enjoyed their company. Donovan was great too.

Juicy's cooking - The food we were provided was excellent. Lots of variety served family style freshly made. We cancelled dinner reservations at a hotel one night as we preferred Juicy's homestyle meals.

Big Grape villa - The villa was spotless upon our arrival. It's better than the pictures. Open, airy and tastefully decorated. The upper deck and the lower eating area were used everyday. I don't think we sat on the inside furniture once. We spent countless hours on the lower patio/hammock listening to music and enjoying a drink.

"Guard Dogs" - Blackie and Lucky are great. They were entertaining and were great company as we have two dogs at home.

Other guests - I don't know if we were lucky or if Seagrape attracts the type of people we met but I suspect the latter. We couldn't have met nicer people to share some time with. Saying that, if you want complete privacy the option is yours.

Setting and Grounds - Stunning, colourful, lush, well maintained and private. The view at the seafront was breathtaking. Words can't really describe. See for yourself.

We explored Negril and hit the beach for a few hours when the sea was too rough on the cliffs but heading "home" each night though was the best. Through the blue gate, walking down the path to Big Grape or to the seaside chairs for a sunset. Fantastic.

I can see why so many people return to Seagrape.

Room Tip: We stayed at Big Grape but we saw both of the other villas, Seagrape & Wildgrape. Each of the th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Welcome to your home away from home. Seagrape is a genuine find and a true escape. We aren't fond of the beach area in Negril because we feel hustled and aren't into the bar scene. The cliffs on the west end and seagrape are truly a peaceful escape. This was our 2nd trip to Seagrape (3rd to Negril) this year and before leaving we booked another week for October. The staff are exceptional. Juicy is a wonderful host and an even better chef.

If you are looking for a resort experience this is not your place. If you are looking for a low key, home away from home where you can relax, enjoy authentic Jamaican food, and be away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy beach, then Seagrape is what you are looking for. We generally eat at local restaurants, buy drinks and rum at the market across the street and have Juicy prepare breakfast and dinner occasionally. We've stayed at Big Grape and SeaGrape villas and really like Seagrape. It's just large enough for the 2 of us and we love how close it is to the ocean. The new remodeled master suite at SeaGrape is very nice and the bathroom is nicer than many bed and breakfast bathrooms in the US.

We highly recommend staying at SeaGrape. It's a wonderful getaway in already low key and relaxed Negril.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield Center, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Left on 09/16/2012 for a stay in August 2012

Sometimes pictures can be deceiving, but in this case what you see is just a glimpse of what you get. The view is breath taking outside and in. Unlike the decor in some resorts that is very generic, the decor in Seagrape is natural and suitable with an island feel. The grounds are beautiful with colorful flowers and foliage. It is cared for lovingly, as it is family owned and operated. Me and my 4 children(ages 18+) were made to feel very much at home. It is clean and comfortable, and the staff is very attentive to any needs you may have. The chief (Juicy)*** made the best meals we had during our stay, our favorite was the fish.Their motto is relax and enjoy and we certainly did!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We loved our stay at Sea Grape - specifically the Wild Grape villa. The staff - Juicy, Bentley, and Christine - all felt like family to us and made us feel so welcome. Marc was always accessible via email ahead of time and during the trip and offered so much help throughout the entire time. The villa is beautiful, artistic, and designed with great taste. We will definitely return - no question.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here last summer with friends and a wonderfully relaxed time in Big Grape. I loved that the house is surrounded by the garden yet only steps from the water. My favorite part was waking up and walking out onto the patio sitting down at the table and minutes later Juicy magically appears with a fresh pot of fabulous coffee and fresh fruit, even mangos grown on the property. We also tried his johnny cakes which were awesome as were the dinners he prepared for us. We thought we would miss being on the beach but not one bit - the cliffs was beautiful and so easy to get in and out of the water. We went to the beach a couple times but actually preferred swimming in the cliffs. Loved just relaxing under the umbrella near the water watching the sunset and drinking Juicy's rum punch. What a life! And it was such a treat to have Christine come in every day and clean up--even doing our dishes and laundry. The flowers, the food, the ocean - this place is paradise. Thank you Sea Grape for a wonderful time - and thanks to Bentley too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sea Grape Villas? Share your experiences!