“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have stayed at CSR twice and both times I felt like they were lacking in some areas. The plumbing system is terrible, I know it's JA but i've stayed many places before with better plumbing. They didn't provide wash clothes, and the sheets were itchy, was only changed once during our stay! It's a ok hotel if your looking for something cheap, other than that...not so good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Our flight was canceled to Aruba and we could not get out for two days. Since two out of the three in my group could not get any more time off this year we decided to go to Negril. The hotel looks great on the outside and there were always someone working on the exterior of the hotel. The room was large and the beds were OK, but the bathroom had major water damage and it looked as if it had been there for years. I looked at the room next door and it needed work also. It is sad that this resort is in poor shape. The staff was great but the bathrooms along with the rooms need more than paint.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

i WAS LOOKING FOR A BUDGET HOTEL and My husband and I decided to stay at Caribbean Sunset Resort for 10 days, and we must say, IT WAS THE WORST HOTEL IN JAMAICA. I've been traveling to Jamaica for 20 yrs and I've never encountered such problems/inconveniences. To make a long story short, the first day while in the room I noticed tiny holes in a package of my crackers, yes...a mouse jumped out of the bag, and no we didn't bring the mouse from America as the hotel personnel may have insinuated. I mentioned my complaint to the front desk, they apologized and said they would take of things, but we had to be very persistent to get them to change our room. The room was changed to a nicer one overlooking the ocean and we were satisfied there until the power went out after two days. Of course, we were moved to another room. The next room was HORRIBLE, peeling/puckered paint on the walls, air conditioned leaked water and soiled our things, and ROACHES in the bathroom. No, we didn't put in another complaint, after all, they don't seem to care about the property, and to be quite honest, I was afraid of what we would encounter in the next room. Bottom line, DON'T STAY HERE!!!!! IF YOU DO BRING YOUR BUG SPRAY, YOUR OWN WASHCLOTHES, BECAUSE YOU ONLY GET THEM IF YOU REQUEST THEM EVERY OTHER DAY, AND YOU MAY NOT EVEN GET BATH TOWELS REGULARLY EITHER. DON'T COUNT ON USING THE POOL, THE POOL IS NOT OPEN, AND DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT HAS BEEN OPEN FOR A LONG TIME.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Got married in August, myself, husband, entire bridal party and lots of family member and friends stayed at the Caribbean Sunset Resort for 10 days, we all occuppied over 10 rooms there. Even though it was such a large group they were able to accomodate us with ease and competency. The staff and manger Jennifer were great and very friendly. They were there to assist in anyway. I have no complains, we are already looking forward to our next visit to Jamaica and we will be staying at the CARIBBEAN SUNSET RESORT in Negril!!!!!

Thank you Jennifer, Vincent, Kemoy and all the other staff members at the Caribbean Sunset Resort, see you next year!!!

Denise & Caswell

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
new orleans la.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

although the hotel was clean and well kept the bar and restaurant were not open and i am unsure whether or not its going to reopen so if you expect that as part of your experiencwe you might call the hotel to see if it has reopened . the staff was very professional as always as this was our fourth stay at this hotel. When you go to the beach to eat do not go to the bar b barn as they rip you off whether or not you use jamaican or us dollars but there bare plenty of places such as alfreds the boat bar and others that are wonderful but check out the smaller out of the way spots as they are less expensive and a whole lot more dilligent about caring for your needs and are more than willing to go out of their way to make sure you leave fat happy and full of alcohol if that is your desire.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

This was the second time I stayed in CSR. The first time I stayed there (5 weeks), I felt right at home. So I decided to come back for the second time (another 5 weeks). Everybody was there to welcome me and when Jerome took me to my room I was so surprised; the room was covered with flowers and it smelt very nice. It made me feel so welcome. They did a great job. Thanks guys!!! I loved my room, it is spacious and has a nice patio where I can have my breakfast and chill out with friends in the nighttime. Everything I need is in the room, like a hot plate, fridge and flat screen TV. The bathroom is clean and has a shower. There is internet access in the lobby, but some rooms have their own internet access. The staff is great; nothing is too much for them. They do everything they can to make sure you have a pleasant stay, it feels like family. The hotel is located a 5 minute walk from the supermarket ,shops en taxi stand, a 10 minute walk from the beach and when you go left you go up to the West End (cliffs). There is security 24/7 at the gate and at the reception. There wasn’t one single minute that I felt unsafe. I’ll be back in few months, I already booked my room. I cannot wait to go back “home”!!! BIG UP for the staff at CSR!! See you soon guys and thanks again for the best stay ever in Jamaica.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I booked a two bedroom villa three months in adavance for ATI weekend. The full payment was processed and no issues were presented until the day of our arrival. First, they told us they had no record of our reservation and asked us to present the itinerary as proof. However the itnerary did not state the room type and they wanted to stick us in a garden view room with no reimbursement for the difference. Obviously I had an issue with this and after a lengthy talk with the manager I was given the Villa. Upon arrival to our room we realized one thing IT WAS EXTREMELY HOT! They had placed us in a villa with no working air conditioning, only three fans, in Jamaica, in August. After another legnthy conversation with the manager we were placed in another villa. This one was missing a microwave and we were explicitly told not to use the sink in the kitchen (it was a room with a sink and an empty space where the microwave should be) because there was some sort of plumbing issue. We were tired from our 10 hours of travel so decided not to argue and just make the best of it. During our four night stay, the restaurant was hardly ever open and took an entire hour to make a meal for three people and charged an arm and a leg for it. The bar sold watered down overpriced drinks and there was never anyone at the front desk. It was a bad experience over all and I would never recommend it to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else