“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is run by an Italian so mostly Europeans staying there. The cabins were in the gardens and dimly lit but the TV had cable channels and when I was there were showing the tennis from Melbourne. There were lots of places to eat in the area, my favourite was the Goa Cafe for the all day breakfast which was freshly prepared and reasonably priced. Access to the beach was across the road and in the middle of the beach so we explored left and right on alternative days. Our favourite bar on the beach was Maureen's and we met interesting people there. The only problem with Negril is that it is a long way from interesting excursions. The only close places of interest were the Black River and YS falls but Negril is a great place to wind down and relax. The resort hotels tell their customers that it isn't safe to go out of the grounds but I was happy to wander round on my own during the day. At night I was with my son and we walked the beach with no problems. One day we went to Rick's Bar to watch the cliff diving. It may be one of the 10 best bars in the world but the drinks and meals were twice the price of the other hotels in Negril. I felt that in Negril we experienced the real Jamaica. On the whole a very good holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent two nights at sunrise club, it's a good budget option. The room was a private little villa, somewhat dimly lit but very clean and comfortable. The foam mattress was new and the cable got more channels than I get at home. The grounds are landscaped with palms and flowers. There's no pool but they said we could use the pool next door at Coral Seas if we wanted. The beach is literally across the street, just wrap a towel around yourself and go. The restaurant on the property is a little price ($11-25 entrees) but good for pizza and a beer.
My biggest complaint was the shower pressure, it dribbled not much more than the hot water on the sink.
For the location and price this place is very comfortable and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Split, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

stayed at this hotel like...10 times...always coming back...over and over!
no any bad comments!
clean,nice,close to beach,daily housekeeping,free nights when u book 7 days u get 1 free night
really enjoyed my time
food is bit expensive in hotel but there is alot of places to eat...special local food...amazing...and cheap...dont b afraid to eat on the street...specially guy selling jerk chicken right in front of hotel and any local place u wont b sorry.other restaurants r bit pricey cos they r meant 2 b for tourists...

Room Tip: well i like any room...my fav is number 5...but all depends what u like more :)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Elko, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We spend a month in Negril every year, and decided to give the Sunset Club a try, and we will definitely be returning. Perfect location, amazing comfortable beds, immaculate rooms, fragrant gardens..everything added up to a perfect stay. The onsite restaurant is spectacular, every morning we ordered the same: Banana pancakes and the western omlet with calaloo- you won't find a better breakast on the island (the coffee is by far superior here as well). For dinner, the lobster pizza can't be beat. The price of our room was more than reasonable- actually less than half of what we normally pay, and the owners and staff go above and beyond to make your stay perfect

Room Tip: We had 16C and it was perfect. The rooms by the road have more noise, but are larger.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Sunrise. Perfect location walking distance from downtown and the cliff side of the island. The beach is across the street from the hotel. You can enjoy long walk on the 7miles beach.

The room are nice, clean and comfortable. I stay for 2 nights and will book there again when I return to my room #2. Value for the price is excellent and the people are very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Their is a little snack resto/bar in front of the hotel so it can be noisy at night. I recommend a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
torontohappy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at Sunrise Club in November 2011 which was right across the street from the beach. I enjoyed my stay the staff was wonderful and the owner Luca was very pleasant and great to deal with. My room was spacious and clean with a great view of the wonderful garden surrounding. In the morning I would wake up and go to the restaurant and be greeted with wonderful smiles by the staff, My breakfast, lunch and dinners at the hotel were perfect the food was fresh and always made with such great taste, One of my dinners that I enjoyed the most was lobster linguine and fresh grilled lobster it was made just right. I highly recommend Sunrise Club Hotel for the experience of a great stay.

Room Tip: Room 14a or 14b
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Kingsville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Luca, his family & great staff makes this place. It's not on the beach but right across the road, which makes for a more quiet stay. Everyone was more than friendly. Excellent Italian food, but a bit pricey. Lots of local eateries & good bars within a 5 minute walk. The beds are excellent. Clean place. Stayed for 1 week & would return.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunrise Club? Share your experiences!