“Privacy and charm, steps from the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gatehouse Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Gatehouse Villa
You added Gatehouse Villa to your Saves list
Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #6 of 45 Specialty Lodging in Negril
Palo Alto, California
“Privacy and charm, steps from the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Gatehouse is the only place I'll stay in Negril. I first stayed at Gatehouse Villa in 2002 and have never been disappointed. The location can't be beat and the staff are wonderful. Ali is responsive, easy to work with and has great recommendations. If you want the charm and privacy of your own villa, along with the best beach bar right outside your door, then Gatehouse is where you need to stay. Each room has an en suite bathrooms and you can rent just one or the entire villa. If you want a view of the ocean then request the front or upstairs room. And don't forget to go next door for some of the best patties on the beach at Niah's.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Heber City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was my 1st trip to Jamaica and I loved the gatehouse! I stayed in the private, quiet upstairs villa where I had everything I needed including a private porch and a picturesque view of the sea. The entire staff (Pauline, Tony and Milton) were very accommodating. Our own private beach area and Tony's Hut (the best bar on the beach) added to the safe and relaxing atmosphere of the gatehouse villa! We went to see YS falls, the Appleton Rum Factory and Rick's Cafe. All a must see! Lewis was our driver and he was the MAN! It was a wonderful experience, and
I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a private getaway!

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I finally convinced my friends to take a trip to Jamaica. When we narrowed down the type of experience we were looking for, which was an authentic experience that had the basic American amenities, we were thrilled to find the Gatehouse Villa. We rented the whole home for a week and had a fantastic time. The caretakers of the property are exceptional and the rooms/common areas were kept very clean. It is centrally located so you can travel in either direction on the beach without running into an all-inclusive that asks you to leave (ha ha). I think one of the best things about Gatehouse is that it is flanked by a restaurant on one side and shops on the other, so when you choose to sit on the beach or go in the water, you feel like it's your own private section of ocean. The property is a bit dated, which is the only reason I didn't give 5 stars, but we have every intention of coming back and staying here since the customer service is superb and staying in a villa like this is incredibly economical for a group our size.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front room with my boyfriend and might recommend bringing an eye mask if you are not...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was my 6th trip to Jamaica and I am utterly in love with the gatehouse! The front room is beautiful and it is relaxing to sit and view the water and the amazing property while drinking a cup of blue mountain coffee every morning! The property is private so you are able to enjoy yourself without having to share with hundreds of other tourists (who are all just trying to have a great time, of course!) and it's a great alternative if you need to get out of the sun for a bit to play some horseshoes or bacci balls while having a patty and some red stripe from the bar onsite called Tony's Hut. The staff here are amazing as well, there was never a day where my family and I didn't receive a warm welcome and asked if there was any need. I would recommend gatehouse to any of my friends and colleagues as its a place that will give you a great experience and will leave you wanting to go back!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is the perfect place to relax and do whatever you want. Very quiet and private. I like that I don't have to share my space with a hundred other travelers. The Gatehouse is beautiful, I have been vacationing to Negril since 1983 and for the last 15 years I have always stayed at the Gatehouse. The staff is awesome, extremely friendly and accommodating. Cant wait to return...Thanks for the great time.

Room Tip: Garden room has the coolest overhead fan I have ever seen!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been going back to the Gate House Villa in Negril since 2009. If you are looking to get taste of the real Jamaican lifestyle then this is the place for you. The onsite staff are some of the best you can find in Negril. Tony keeps the grounds looking like a piece of paradise. Joanie does a great job keeping the villa clean and the rooms are nice and comfortable. Grace Ann is the best bar tender on the beach bar none. I can recall sitting at the Villas public bar and all through out the day there were many people who would come by asking if Grace Ann was working and if she wasn't there they would leave. If she was there which she is most of the time, getting them to leave was the hard part. She is that good. I will be back in April of 2014. This will be my 4th time staying at the Gate House and I can honestly say that it would be really hard to stay anywhere else. I'm Just Saying!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Waxhaw, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We took a short trip and of course stayed at the villa in the upstairs room. We had an amazing weekend celebrating my husbands' birthday and spending time with our "family" in Negril. As always, the property was beautiful, room was immaculate and the food was to die for! Looking forward to going back SOON!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gatehouse Villa? Share your experiences!