“2nd time visiting this beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 62 things to do in Negril
liverpool
“2nd time visiting this beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

We have just returned from our second trip to Jamaica ans 2nd time to Half Moon Beach. I can't recommend enough that a trip to this beautiful place either for the day or to stay is a must. So unspoilt and welcoming it is a paradise to see. The cove is wonderfull the food is so good and the owners are such nice people. If you get the chance it is a definite place to see. Thank you for a lovely day My most favourite trip we did even the second time.

Lansing
4 attraction reviews
“Half Moon Beach, I have been there in 93, 95, 99, and 2008”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

One of the best kept secrets in Jamaica. Local business man, Andrew Marr, a duel citizen of Jamaica and USA, has developed a beach, bar, restaurant, and cabins. While missed by all of the tour trapped vacationers, this place is off the beaten path and worthy of a lunch, a dinner or even a whole vacation. Park and enter through the wrought iron gates into a lush and welcoming path to the restaurant. Order breakfast, lunch or dinner anytime. Swim in the ocean or snorkel around one of the islands off shore. Take a jungle hike or just sit on the beach (clothing optional, but not really a big nude place so not over whelmed) Call him anytime,

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Relaxing at Half Moon Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

It is hard not to relax at Half Moon Beach,, great to just chill and take a swim and great food and bar and sweet cabins just feet from the sea so just to wake up and take a swim and eat and plenty of space to take a nice walk around and dig some nature without being hassled by anyone .....Sweet as it gets!!!!

new york
“Amazing beach and even better hosts!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

We arranged to have our rehearsal dinner here for 70 guests on a Friday evening. Tania and Andrew, who own/run (?) things here were absolutely amazing to work with. We wanted to have a very casual, Jamaican evening with jerk chicken and lobster. They took care of setting up tables on the beach with candles and flowers, all of the food and drink and even set up a bonfire on the beach (which we never got to use due to some early rain). The setting was amazing, even with the rain - and everyone in attendance still talks about Half Moon Beach - if we had to do it again, we would go out and spend the entire day - it's such a find!

We had a big discrepancy on our bar bill at the end of the evening due to a miscommunication between Tania and myself about what was going to be served at what price and what actually was served. They worked it out with us very graciously and we only hope to get to repay some of that kindness when we return (b/c we will be back!) - they worked tirelessly to give us a wonderful night and we cannot thank them enough.

Absolutely perfect!

UK
“Paradise Found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

I first found this treasure, whilst driving from Negril to the airport to drop off a friend, I vowed to visit for a cold drink on the way back to Negril, that day. I never made it back to Negril for about a week. I had found the most peaceful, beautiful beach I had ever seen. (only a few miles from Negril)
I stayed in a quaint wooden cabin, with the water lapping at my door.
I was travelling alone at this stage and made friends quickly with the owner's (Andrew) fun, friendly dogs!
Andrew made me feel so welcome and at home in his world and made my stay so special and perfect!
Over my many dinners of lobster, salads, cocunut shrimp, blackened fish platters and various sandwhiches and lots of drinks, I was privalaged to meet some interesting, lovely people, local and from all over the world.
I must mention Tania, who you will meet at half moon bay, she is a fabulous, beautifull, bombshell of a young lady from Belgium who has the most incredible, infectious laugh and whom is possibly the best female story teller I have ever met.
Andrew, Tanya, the girls and fantastic friendly staff will make your stay in this Jewel of an island a truley unique, special, lovely experience.
I have now stayed here on 2 occasions (July 2007 and April 2009) and I will certainly be going back.
I could write for days on how much I love Half Moon and the people of Jamaica. but I will finish by saying that I have never felt so relaxed and happy and not a care in the world in my entire life! Half Moon beach got me to that place.