“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Brooklyn, New York
6 attraction reviews
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

love this place. just love the staff they never made you feel like you were inconveniencing them. Snorkeling and jet skiing is a must.

Visited August 2012

Tokyo, Japan
3 attraction reviews
“private beach.. almost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

i went there just yesterday, and it was nice to be on such a quiet place where you don't have people trying to sell stuff. you can just relax and enjoy the semi-private space. the beach itself (water) is just ok, the color is not as beautiful as 7-mile beach, but at least you can enjoy kayaking and snorkeling. unfprtunately it was a rainy day so it wasn't as nice, plus i got stung by a jelly fish..

at the restaurant i tried the conch soup and it was pretty good!

BTW THIS IS IMPORTANT - there are 4 dogs on the beach, and the mother dog is limping. she can't use one of her front legs and i felt so bad. if you're a vet, please go there and take a look. i really wish i were a vet.. because of her injured leg, she can't run to get food, and the male dogs always get the food or whatever. i really hope someone can do something about her injury.. wishing her best of luck.

Visited July 2013
Bethel, Maine
12 attraction reviews
“relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place is pretty sweet! Its a must for those who are in Negril and maybe the waves are too choppy or you just want to get away for some peace n quite. Ive been here a couple times and would certainly go back. The owners are super nice, their dogs are awesome and hang out with you all day. The grounds are prestine and the sea/beach is perfect.

Give Half Moon a day trip if you havent already

Visited November 2012
Philadelphia
“Weddings by Isabelle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I had a perfect wedding in Jamaica in early May and all of the credit goes to Isabelle Stewart of “Weddings by Isabelle” and her associate Faith Frazier. I had planned to surprise my fiancé with a trip to Jamaica to celebrate the third anniversary of our first date. We had been engaged for 9 months and had planned to get married in a small private ceremony during the summer. However, when I told her of the surprise trip she suggested that we get married on the beach in Jamaica as that had always been her dream. I thought it was a wonderful idea but we only had a few weeks to arrange all of our wedding plans and associated details.

I contacted the manager at the place I stay when I visit Jamaica on Negril Beach and asked if she could recommend a wedding planner to help us arrange all of the legal and ceremony details for our last minute wedding. She highly recommended “Weddings by Isabelle” and I emailed Isabelle that day as we basically had three weeks to pull this off. I knew from the start I was in good hands as Isabelle assured us that she could arrange everything. She simply told us to pick the date we wanted to marry and she would took care of all the legal and ceremonial details.

Isabelle and Faith arranged a beautiful sunset ceremony on a private beach about 20 minutes from our place. Everything went perfect and we truly enjoyed a stress free wedding just as we dreamed. Isabelle and Faith reserved a gorgeous beach location, designed a bouquet with flowers my wife personally selected and sent a hairdresser to our place before the ceremony to do her hair in the exact style she previously selected. Not only that, As I had never seen my wife’s gown (it was her mother’s), Faith arranged that I be driven to the beach first and then have her driven separately so the first time I saw my wife in her gown was when she walked to me under the beautiful bamboo arch at the water’s edge where we had the ceremony.

Before, during and after the ceremony we had beautiful pictures taken by Yvonne Dobson Shaw who was retained by Isabelle for us. After the ceremony we had dinner at a spectacular restaurant situated on the mountainside overlooking the sea with a candle light table on our own private cliff. A perfect ending to a perfect day!

Oh by the way, I paid Isabelle a very reasonable fee and she made sure everyone else was paid so I simply had to write one check for all of the services provided. As a professor of business, I know a stellar professional when I see one and Isabelle Stewart is the wedding planner to use if you want to get married in Jamaica.

Visited May 2013
Greenup, Kentucky
“Perfect Place To Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been going to half Moon Beach for 7 years and always have a great time. Andrew is a great host and they have really fixed the place up. Always enjoyable to relax and hear stories from Lee and Mr. Dixon! The food is great and it is one of the most peaceful places on earth. Always meeting good folks on each trip. See you in July!!!

Visited July 2012