“Weddings by Isabelle” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 62 things to do in Negril
Philadelphia
“Weddings by Isabelle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I had a perfect wedding in Jamaica in early May and all of the credit goes to Isabelle Stewart of “Weddings by Isabelle” and her associate Faith Frazier. I had planned to surprise my fiancé with a trip to Jamaica to celebrate the third anniversary of our first date. We had been engaged for 9 months and had planned to get married in a small private ceremony during the summer. However, when I told her of the surprise trip she suggested that we get married on the beach in Jamaica as that had always been her dream. I thought it was a wonderful idea but we only had a few weeks to arrange all of our wedding plans and associated details.

I contacted the manager at the place I stay when I visit Jamaica on Negril Beach and asked if she could recommend a wedding planner to help us arrange all of the legal and ceremony details for our last minute wedding. She highly recommended “Weddings by Isabelle” and I emailed Isabelle that day as we basically had three weeks to pull this off. I knew from the start I was in good hands as Isabelle assured us that she could arrange everything. She simply told us to pick the date we wanted to marry and she would took care of all the legal and ceremonial details.

Isabelle and Faith arranged a beautiful sunset ceremony on a private beach about 20 minutes from our place. Everything went perfect and we truly enjoyed a stress free wedding just as we dreamed. Isabelle and Faith reserved a gorgeous beach location, designed a bouquet with flowers my wife personally selected and sent a hairdresser to our place before the ceremony to do her hair in the exact style she previously selected. Not only that, As I had never seen my wife’s gown (it was her mother’s), Faith arranged that I be driven to the beach first and then have her driven separately so the first time I saw my wife in her gown was when she walked to me under the beautiful bamboo arch at the water’s edge where we had the ceremony.

Before, during and after the ceremony we had beautiful pictures taken by Yvonne Dobson Shaw who was retained by Isabelle for us. After the ceremony we had dinner at a spectacular restaurant situated on the mountainside overlooking the sea with a candle light table on our own private cliff. A perfect ending to a perfect day!

Oh by the way, I paid Isabelle a very reasonable fee and she made sure everyone else was paid so I simply had to write one check for all of the services provided. As a professor of business, I know a stellar professional when I see one and Isabelle Stewart is the wedding planner to use if you want to get married in Jamaica.

Visited May 2013

Greenup, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect Place To Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been going to half Moon Beach for 7 years and always have a great time. Andrew is a great host and they have really fixed the place up. Always enjoyable to relax and hear stories from Lee and Mr. Dixon! The food is great and it is one of the most peaceful places on earth. Always meeting good folks on each trip. See you in July!!!

Visited July 2012
Toronto
30 attraction reviews
“nice beach to escape the crowd at Negril”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very pretty little beach in a calm cove just a short drive from Negril. There's a little restaurant but the are has been kept natural...I didn't see many fish when I was snorkelling though and you must be very carefull not to step on any prickly sea eggs--there are tonnes of them! (Best wear a mask when swimming to look out for them.)

Visited January 2013
Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Quiet and small.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went and spent a couple hours at Half Moon. Small little beach, very quiet when we were there anyways. Nice to hang out and relax. Comfy hammocks to use, calm, warm water. No crowds but beer was pricey. I did not try the food but its definately a nice place to relax and snorkel.

Visited March 2013
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Nice spot off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family enjoyed a wonderful day of swimming while enjoying some nice rum punch on this lovely little beach. Most travelers will pass right by but stop in if you happen by on your way to Negril. My wife and I toasted the sunset while under the archway left from a recent wedding. Great swimming spot too.

Visited December 2012