“Seriously relaxing little spot” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches
Attraction Details
San Francisco, CA
30 attraction reviews
“Seriously relaxing little spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

By the end of our trip to Jamaica, we were pretty burnt out for a bunch of reasons. There's a restaurant (I have to look up the name) on 7-mile beach run by a Canadian expat. She recommended we try coming to Half Moon Beach for some peace. Ahhh... it was peaceful. We took a route taxi up for not too much. There's a great little bar with spectacular pina coladas the size of my head, gorgeous little spots to stay -- I think if I did ever come back to area, I'd probably stay out here -- the food was good too although I can't remember what we had, but I remember it was a good price and delicious. The whole place was sleepy and serene with friendly service and a nice owner. I think it's private, but we were referred, so I wasn't so sure how this worked.

It's not the white sand beach of 7-mile beach, mind you. Also, it's at a bend, so it's much less calm water. We saw tons of fish, however. Nonetheless, it was gorgeous and calm. That is, until a yacht full of about thirty tourists showed up! Fortunately, they left in about an hour. We spent the whole day there and really enjoyed it. If you're in the area and looking for a little slice of zen peace, this is a great spot for it.

Visited May 2012

Springfield, Illinois
“Peaceful Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Henry (a Jamaican local fisherman) took us to Half Moon beach by boat from RIU Palace Tropical Bay. Our first impression was a peaceful paradise with quiet and tranquil relaxation. Henry left to go spearfishing for lunch while we met Andrew, Tanya, their two beautiful girls, and their four playful dogs. We were not asked to pay a fee since we made purchases of coffee and jewelry. We looked at the menu, and the menu prices were very reasonable.

Henry returned with fresh lobster and fish. The lobster and fish were prepared, cooked, and served Jamaican style with nothing more that the elements of the land. We relaxed on the beach for a short while, and returned to the RIU resort. We plan on returning to the great hidden treasure in the middle of nowhere.

t.o
3 attraction reviews
“Piece of Peace...natural beauty! Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just got back from Half Moon! Go early...when water is calm! No people! Saw 3 Blowfish, an octopus, million tropical fish, giant sea stars, sea cucumbers.....I could go on! Everything is great to eat. I had the recommended conch soup...yum! Chicken curry, Veg stir fry, snapper sand which....all fantastic and well priced! Going back next week! T

Cleveland, Ohio
“Favorite meal of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went back to this spot multiple times during our trip, and loved every meal! Beautiful little beach and VERY hospitable people! (Order the lobster!!!)

Brussels, Belgium
4 attraction reviews
“nice place close to Negril if you want to escape the crowds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nice and clean beach with a bar. They might charge you 200J$ to enter but nobody asked us :) ... very clean water but a bit stony access.

Visited January 2013