“if you want personalised service,great food and value for your money this is the pace to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rayon Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rayon Hotel to your Saves list
Rayon Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #31 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stayed here duing my vacation to Jamacia Negril. The Hotel is very cozy and has an at home feel to it. The food was excellent, the service was personable and intimate. I had no complaints.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edgerton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

We have stayed at Rayon the past four years. Have stayed for two to five weeks, and will be staying for five weeks Jan. - Feb. 2011. The staff is very friendly and always willing to correct any problems we have, which have been few. Ms. Pannsy lives on the proprty and is always available. We would recomend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Eastern Townships,Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

This will be our 5th year at the Rayon, have been in January, February and March, this year will be our longest stay yet, can't wait. We have never had a problem with anything or anyone there, quite the contrary, everyone is polite, friendly always have a smile on and happy to be of help. Contrary to some of the recent negative press, we had a change of dates last year and were not sure if we would even get there, in the end we did and there was absolutly no problem with date changes or even deferring our deposit to the next year. In our books Miss Pansey is a very honest "Hotellier"

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is my third or forth stay at Rayon and have recommended others and all agree Rayon is hard to beat. I have been traveling to Negril for 15 yrs and feel the most at home when staying at Rayon.

With every visit we can see property updates and just overall maintenance of the property (which is often times nonexistence for smaller properties in Jamaica) They have recently completed a beautiful one bedroom apt at the back of the property with views to die for. Rayon truly strives to be the best and it starts with Pansy Rayson. Pansy takes such pride in the property, her staff and running a place that others feel at home. I have traveled with my family as well as solo and all have been a great experience. The staff really treats you like family and no request is too small. I am picky and when I find a place to call home it's not taken lightly. From the small things like free computer usage, large closets, extra security on the doors and windows, comfy beds, huge bathrooms and mini fridge to any "major" request the staff and Ms. Pansy really try to make their guest comfortable. Will everything always be perfect, no, but I can say they have always strived for perfection and that's all anyone to ask. Pansy and staff keeping doing the wonderfuljob you do and trust me when I say you are always my first choice when traveling to Negril.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Val-des-Monts, Quebec (Canada)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 4 years for approximately 2 months every year. It is our home away from home. The owner is super - she is always checking if everything is o.k. We have a kitchenette & the staff is great at providing me with everything I need for our long stay as soon as we get there. Our room is always clean & kept very well. The property is very well maintained. The staff works all day on the grounds. Water pressure is fine compared to many other places. We refer this hotel to many friends & they keep coming back every year. All in all, this is a great place to stay on your holidays!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
London Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I've stayed at the Rayon four times. Since it's opening, this hotel has went downhill, in my opinion. Although the location is central on the beach and the grounds are beautiful, my room was dirty and tired. There was an extensive mould problem in my bathroom, thread bare sheets, ripped bedspread and frayed, grayed towels. I was without water in my room, 2 or 3 days at a time, numerous times, throughout my 60 day stay. As a result, I was unable to shower in my room or flush the toilet, until management trucked water in. When desparate, I had to shower at Sun Beach Bar on the beach. I was offered no compensation or an apology for the inconvenience. Once, when without water, I asked management for bottled water to brush my teeth and take an aspirin,They had none on hand. I was told to walk to a convenience store to buy it. I was also asked to pay a substantial deposit one year in advance. Later in the year, I was asked to remit the balance 90 days prior to my arrival. Which I did. I was told that this was in order to have my reserved room updated and re-decorated, prior to my arrival.. This was not done. I had no choice but to put up with the room conditions and lack of water issues. Refunds are difficult to get back. So, YES.......BUYER BEWARE. There are lots of great places to stay in Negril, where they value customer service and repeat guests. And they do so with a great Irie welcome. I don't go on vacation for hassles so I will not stay at the Rayon again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Buffalo, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

My husband and I and our Canadian friends have done a fair amount of travel and the Rayon Hotel was by far one of the best places we have ever stayed. Part of my luggage was lost and with many hours of hard work Miss Pansy was able to retrieve my luggage. Miss Pansy, Carmen and all of the staff are wonderful. They all made us feel like family. We stayed in the apartment and anything we needed to supply the kitchen, they were more than willing to get it for us. The food at the restaurant is EXCELLENT. We will definitely return to the Rayon Hotel again. I want to thank Miss Pansy, Carmen and all of the staff again for our wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rayon Hotel? Share your experiences!