“Sweet, Sweet, Sweet JAMAICA!” 4 of 5 stars

Rayon Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #32 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Ontario
“Sweet, Sweet, Sweet JAMAICA!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Lovely small friendly hotel. Great location, just across the road from the beach. Airport pick up/ drop off worked out well. Staff is super friendly....Nice restaurant. Dem a nah go tired fe see we face! Be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My partner Glenn and I stayed here from January 13th until the 18th, and we loved both the hotel and Negril. Pansy and her staff are very nice and will make you feel right at home. Also the beach across the street at Sun Beach is beautiful. The beach hustlers can be a irritating, but just tell them NO THANK-YOU! if you're not interested. The location across the street is very secure due to the design of the property and it gives you a break from the noise and the party atmosphere of the beach without removing yourself from the community.

Also, there is no need to lock yourself away in an all inclusive! The people in Jamaica are lovely and there really is alot to see. Just be yourself.

Room Tip: The whole place is nice. I do recommend a king room or a suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had a another great visit at my second home Rayon. Rayon has added new rooms on the property. I always feel so relaxed when I go there. Will return next year. Ms. Pansy and her staff treat you like friends. I had a great time.

Thank you, Ms Pansy and staff. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, On
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently stayed at the Rayon Hotel for 10 days. The service that we received was excellent. We were told to ask if there was anything we needed and it would be looked after. A new large flat screen tv was also delivered to our room. We were given cooking utensils, at my request and we were able to prepare ourselves a number of meals. The breakfasts were very nice and the ladies cooking for us made it very enjoyable. They made us a few extras such as corn muffins, bagels, and waffles. All of the staff are very helpful and kind. A new group of four rooms has just been constructed at the rear of the property and looks very nice. I felt very sad to leave, and I must say I had tears in my eyes as I hated to leave all of my friends. A number of people remembered us from last year, people at Sunbeach across the road, and our taxi man next door and I know that as they told us, goodbye and thanks from their heart that they really meant it. It was a very nice relaxing holiday and we a family of 3 + 1 teen friend, would definately recommend and travel here again. The time of the season was also perfect, as Negril wasn't very busy and we got top service everywhere we went. It rained only a few times and didn't spoil anything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Whistler, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The winter of 2012 was my second stay at the Rayon Hotel, and both stays were very enjoyable! Prices have increased a bit, however still affordable. We were greeted by Pansy and her staff upon arrival with cold beverages, a very nice treat! A very relaxing place with a pool, bar and restaurant with the beach just across the street. Once again a very enjoyable time at Pansy's Rayon Hotel in Negrill.

Room Tip: Ask if the room comes with a fridge
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
toronto, canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at The Rayon for 6 nights in mid-April. The property is beautiful from the outside, and the staff were very welcoming. Due to the nature of my husbands work, he needed 24 access to the internet. When we went to our room, we quickly realized that we didn't have in-room internet access, When we asked Ms. Pansy (The Manager) about it she suggested we that we use the internet in the common areas. When we explained our need for internet access, she came to our room, and assessed the situation, then called in a technician, who arrived within 45 minutes and had the problem solved in 15 minutes. So from a hospitality/customer service perspective the service was excellent.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, ours had a king-size bed, with an amazing walk in closet. The air conditioner didn't keep the room as cool as I would have liked, but it was VERY hot outside and it was a budget hotel. The rooms didn't have in-room safes, but we never had a problem it is an extremely secure property.
We had a ground floor court yard room that faced on to the pool, the pool was cleaned every morning, however by late morning, there were a lot of bugs and leaves etc. in the pool and it made swimming less enjoyable than it should have been.
It is in a nice location across the street from a beautiful stretch of beach, with lots of nearby great restaurants. We can't really comment much on the food, breakfast was included, my husband had it a couple of times and was less than impressed. We ordered from the restaurant one night and it took two hours and 40 minutes. I am pretty sure we were one of three occupied rooms that night. The food was good when it arrived but the time it took was ridiculous even by Jamaican standards, but as I mentioned earlier there are lots of great places to eat nearby, and if you want a change of scenery you jump in a route taxi and the cliffs are only 200J away.
Having left The Seastar we found the Rayon, too quiet for us, perhaps it was the time of year, some nights we were the only guests.
The Rayon, although not for us, is good value for your money.

While the the hotel was very quiet,

Room Tip: All rooms pretty much the same courtyard view. They have lovely plants around the pool, that block...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was my 2nd stay with the Rayon and I felt like I was coming back home. The last time it was just me. This time it was me and my toddler son When I got there the crib was already set up and had flowers on the bed and in the bathroom.

I had the 2 room villa which of course comes with a kitchen. Ms. Pansy (she is such a sweetie) told me to go to the restaurant and get whatever items I needed for the kitchen (plates, silverware, cookware etc). My room was clean and had more then adequate space.

Because I had my son and he crawls and climbs on everything, the staff was very dilligent about making sure my room was clean and floors mopped and I truly appreciate it. Had an issue with my ceiling fan and tv but that was fixed very quickly. The AC worked great but with a little guy I didn't want him to sleep with AC so the fan was a necessity for us. Everyone that works there were all very nice and friendly and did whatever they could to make sure you had an enjoyable stay. Ms. Jackie even kept my son for me one night when I wanted to hang out with just adults.

Even though they are expanding and building more rooms right where I was staying, the noise was never a problem. Most times I forgot they were there until I went outside and saw them.

Any time I am in Negril, Rayon is my home. It's clean, safe, great price and just close enough to the beach where you can be in the mix but far enough away where you can go back into peace. Aside from that, the personal service is unmatched!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rayon Hotel? Share your experiences!