“Our Stay at The Rayon” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 91 hotels in Negril
toronto, canada
“Our Stay at The Rayon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at The Rayon for 6 nights in mid-April. The property is beautiful from the outside, and the staff were very welcoming. Due to the nature of my husbands work, he needed 24 access to the internet. When we went to our room, we quickly realized that we didn't have in-room internet access, When we asked Ms. Pansy (The Manager) about it she suggested we that we use the internet in the common areas. When we explained our need for internet access, she came to our room, and assessed the situation, then called in a technician, who arrived within 45 minutes and had the problem solved in 15 minutes. So from a hospitality/customer service perspective the service was excellent.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, ours had a king-size bed, with an amazing walk in closet. The air conditioner didn't keep the room as cool as I would have liked, but it was VERY hot outside and it was a budget hotel. The rooms didn't have in-room safes, but we never had a problem it is an extremely secure property.
We had a ground floor court yard room that faced on to the pool, the pool was cleaned every morning, however by late morning, there were a lot of bugs and leaves etc. in the pool and it made swimming less enjoyable than it should have been.
It is in a nice location across the street from a beautiful stretch of beach, with lots of nearby great restaurants. We can't really comment much on the food, breakfast was included, my husband had it a couple of times and was less than impressed. We ordered from the restaurant one night and it took two hours and 40 minutes. I am pretty sure we were one of three occupied rooms that night. The food was good when it arrived but the time it took was ridiculous even by Jamaican standards, but as I mentioned earlier there are lots of great places to eat nearby, and if you want a change of scenery you jump in a route taxi and the cliffs are only 200J away.
Having left The Seastar we found the Rayon, too quiet for us, perhaps it was the time of year, some nights we were the only guests.
The Rayon, although not for us, is good value for your money.

While the the hotel was very quiet,

Room Tip: All rooms pretty much the same courtyard view. They have lovely plants around the pool, that block...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was my 2nd stay with the Rayon and I felt like I was coming back home. The last time it was just me. This time it was me and my toddler son When I got there the crib was already set up and had flowers on the bed and in the bathroom.

I had the 2 room villa which of course comes with a kitchen. Ms. Pansy (she is such a sweetie) told me to go to the restaurant and get whatever items I needed for the kitchen (plates, silverware, cookware etc). My room was clean and had more then adequate space.

Because I had my son and he crawls and climbs on everything, the staff was very dilligent about making sure my room was clean and floors mopped and I truly appreciate it. Had an issue with my ceiling fan and tv but that was fixed very quickly. The AC worked great but with a little guy I didn't want him to sleep with AC so the fan was a necessity for us. Everyone that works there were all very nice and friendly and did whatever they could to make sure you had an enjoyable stay. Ms. Jackie even kept my son for me one night when I wanted to hang out with just adults.

Even though they are expanding and building more rooms right where I was staying, the noise was never a problem. Most times I forgot they were there until I went outside and saw them.

Any time I am in Negril, Rayon is my home. It's clean, safe, great price and just close enough to the beach where you can be in the mix but far enough away where you can go back into peace. Aside from that, the personal service is unmatched!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Eastern Townships,Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I think this was our 6th year at the Rayon, needless to sat that we keep going back because we know what we are getting, clean, friendly, safe, great staff, beautiful gardens and flowers that are kept looking that way by the nicest gardener, Josh aka Pastor, Neesha and Naseeve on the front desk, always courteous, Howard, Dianne and all the rest of the staff, I might add, same staff from one year to the next!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is our third visit to the Rayon. The staff know us and we know some of them have been there since our first stay 5 years ago when it had not been opened very long.
Cersee is now in reception - he was in the bar originally. He is so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Miss Pansy is lovely, the chefs cater for all your food fancies.

Room Tip: Gorgeous location and setting.Right accross the road from the beach
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was the second time we stayed here, with a different resort of comparable price in between and I was so glad that we came back to the Rayon. The room was clean, attractively decorated, with cable tv, ac, refrigerator and lovely balcony. We also enjoyed the breakfast, cooked to order each morning. But what made the biggest difference is how wonderful Ms. Pansy and her staff were when we had a medical emergency back home. I found about this when I came in from the beach, and Ms. Pansy immediately made the call back home for me without having to be asked, and each day inquired about my mom's well-being. For the big football game, she set up a large screen tv in the bar/pool area for everyone to enjoy the game. The location is great in the middle of the beach area, within easy walking distance of quite a few restaurants. Can't wait to return again next year, hopefully for two weeks next time!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am such such a HUGE fan of the Rayon Hotel!!..I totally feel at home here. The rooms are great with a lot of space very clean!!!....Sooo rather you have a room with a kitchen or not you will have plenty of room to relax kick back and enjoy your stay....The beds are VERY comfortable..You will want to take it home with you!!..For all the ac lovers the A/C is nice and cold!!!...The food there is great as well. You can have breakfast, lunch and dinner..So if you do not want to leave you do not have to!!..The staff Ms Pansy has is excellent...There is no task to big or small that they will not assist you with!!..Ms Pansy OMG OMG OMG can not i do mean can not say enough great things about her...She is soooooooooooo sweet!!!..She runs a great property and her staff is like family!!..Everyone makes you feel so welcome you DOOOO not want to leave...So i would like to say hello to Ms Jackie, Ms. Diane, Neshia and Ms Pansy..Seee you soon!!!...Trust me you will not be disappointed with booking you a room at The Rayon!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
chicago, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed at the Rayon Hotel for the first time in November 2011. What can I say? I loved it. Ms. Pansy and her staff are a great group of people. I love the decor of the hotel. My room was very nice and clean. My visit was very relaxing for me. This is my new home in Negril.
The guests are treated not as customers but friends.

I am already planning my next to Rayon in 2012.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Rayon Hotel? Share your experiences!