“Next best ting next door to Rick's Cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Villas Sur Mer
West End Rd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #3 of 45 Specialty Lodging in Negril
Laurelton, NY
“Next best ting next door to Rick's Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a great time staying here. The staff is beyond compare. Welcomed like family and treated as such. The private cave to view the sea is spectacular at Sunset with a few cool drinks near by. This place is across the street from Rick's Cafe. Peaceful. Big up Donna and Richard and the entire crew.

Room Tip: Get a villa away from the road to avoid the car horns. Ask Donna and Richard and they will give you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

First of all, thank you Villas Sur Mer for making my dream wedding a reality. I was really anxious before arriving at the resort. When we arrived at the airport, our driver Erdley was there to pick us up. The nicest guy ever! As soon as we arrived at the villa, I was really impressed with the staff. We were all welcomed with warm hugs. Our chef Bull, our housekeeper Donna, our go-to guy Richard, our daytime security Williams (thanks by the way for removing the sea urchin spines from my foot after jumping off the cliff), our night security James, our bartender Cliff, Bedford, and our wedding coordinator Lecian - you guys are the best!!! They were always there for anything and everything.
The Seaside Villa and cottages are so nice. Rooms are very clean. Our guests were extremely happy with the service they were given. Love how the villa has stairs that lead to the reef. Its our stairway to heaven :)
Welcome Dinner and Wedding Day, everything was perfect. Lecian did such an amazing job with the decor and she had given me more than I had asked for. Each staff did wonderfully and made sure we all had an amazing time. The food was delicious, the flowers were beautiful, and the dj played the music I had asked for and more.
It was difficult to leave. This place was like home to us. We will never forget the people who took care of us while we were there. We are so happy we found VSM thought tripadvisor. Peter, thank you thank you thank you for everything. Your staff are amazing! I cannot thank you all enough. They went above and beyond for us. The best trip I've ever had! We love you guys!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Where can I begin but to say THANK YOU and bless up to the amazing people of VSM! You made our trip incredible and put Negril on the map for me as a regular getaway. I have read so many reviews before writing this and anything wonderful I can say will simply echo all the previous posts by so many people who's lives you have touched through your kindness, warmth, and genuine hospitality. Cliff, Richard, Lecien, Marlon, James, Williams...gracias por todos! You have made more friends in the North and you are truly missed already! Special thanks to Dain for your patience with us on the back deck during your overnights (Always remember Big Sexy and his reggae siren- you loved it!) An extra special thanks to our chef Bull for sharing your passion for good food and providing us with nourishment, laughter, and your warm smiles. Super, extra special love to our "Villa Mama", Donna...so, so, so much love to you for caring for us, big big hugs, and keeping everything perfect! Hope to see you all again soon xx

Stayed February 2014
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

First I want to say thank you to all staff there ! Back in my memories and forever be..I been waiting this longtime to review this place..year 2002 wow! this is the place I meet my husband for first time flow from Philippines and get married and this place! This is our home! For about a month...and back on 2003 again.....love it...And thank you to elton the manager before hope he still there and Winston our driver and maid the lady so nice and next door LTU BiLL.......this people you can trust....! Hope someday I be back here.....safe area,fun,fun....close to everything...this my song, I left my heart in Negril west end .....la,la.........love you guys

Room Tip: Don't go in the dark! So no one can rub you...lol ...eat more fish and aki...lol they all good s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
DeWitt, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have spent the last two years visiting the seaside villa with 5 other couples. Each year we want to stay a little longer and book our stay for the next year before we even leave. The staff is absolutely amazing, there is nothing to want for and if there was they would make it happen. Chef Bull fed us three times a day, he is an amazing cook. We just tell him to cook for us his delicious food and he scores a 10 every time. Donna took care of us, she is absolutely amazing, and James, Hesron, & Marlon made sure the house was secure and the coolers were full ;0). Richard was always right around the corner to make sure things were tidy and Cliff would stop over to make us banana drinks from the bar across the road at Villas. I hate to say staff, as they feel more like family, we truly do love them all. The house is amazing and would keep you wanting to come back but the "family" is all the more reason to return. There are so many beautiful places to visit in this world but when you find something this lovely I feel you just need to go with it. The cottages across the road look great as well, the grounds are always beautifully manicured. LTU next door is a great place if you want to hang with some locals as is DeBar up the street. Best jerk sauce ever, we take some home with us. Order it on the day you arrive with Eddie and then remind him towards the end of the week. Just Natural is a short walk past the light house and has great smoothies and $25 massages in the gardens.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I rented the seaside villa for five nights for our wedding. Our immediate family stayed in the five bedroom villa with us and our other guests stayed in the smaller cottages on the property. The location and accommodations are unmatched and we had an amazing time throughout the entire stay. We spent most of our time relaxing by the pool and snorkeling in the ocean. A few guests did take a taxi to the beach and it is just a quick 10 minute ride. It was great having a full kitchen in the villa as we could walk to the market just a few blocks away to buy food and cook for ourselves. There was also a large cooler on the pool deck that we filled with beer and soda and the staff kept it stocked with ice.

It was a little nerve-racking planning a wedding at a location we had never visited and we initially had some difficulty communicating with the managers but dealing with it was well worth it. Once we arrived at the villa, all of our apprehensions melted away. The private location of the villa was breathtaking and made for the perfect backdrop for a wedding. We pretty much had the property to ourselves and the staff treated us like royalty. They were always available to help with anything we needed. The housekeeper Donna always had a smile on her face and we were especially thankful for the outstanding security team. Dain was there during the day and he helped with not only security but first aid, errands and even some fishing. The night team was equally friendly and always there to help us cross the road between the seaside villa and other cottages.

Our wedding coordinator Lecian was also fabulous. She made sure we had nothing to worry about. Her recommended vendors were a pleasure to work with. The food was delicious... the flowers were beautiful... the cake was delicious... the minister truly captured our spirit... the hair and make-up was done just right... the band was entertaining... We could go on and on! We would recommend Villas Sur Mer to any couple who wants to have a casual yet intimate wedding. It was such a wonderful event, we wish we could do it all over again!

Room Tip: Organize a group of people to rent the seaside villa. It is the perfect location for a group getaway...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Have been traveling to Villas Sur Mer since January, 1997. The staff is incredible, friendly and willing to do anything that will make your stay more enjoyable. The first time I walked through the gate, I couldn't believe my eyes! I have had plenty of vacations that have fallen short of my expectations, this is not one of them!

While there, try the LTU Pub next door fro friendly service and good food. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Villas Sur Mer? Share your experiences!