We stayed at Negirl Escape for 3 nights and 4 days. The room we got was under the "India" theme. This room was plain ugly. Here are a few reasons why:
1. the curtains on the door were torn (gosh! had never seen that in any hotel!)
2. the bed was not comfortable and looked very unclean (I checked for bugs and toppled the entire bed upside down...didn't find any bugs but didn't sleep too well either).
3. There were no chairs in the room. And no luggage stand either.
4. The mosquitoe screen was broken too.
5. On the second day, the curtain in our bathroom fell down. No one came to repair it when the house cleaning was done.
6. The bathroom was also plain and poorly done up. Actually there was nothing beyond the pot and shower and basin in the bathroom.
7. The interior decor was just so ugly.
I wondered why the owners were not investing some money into refurbishing this amazing property. We paid $130 a night for this shabby room. Given the poor conditions, the management should not be charging more than $60 a night.
The room was close to the cliffs. We could hear the sea rumbling at night, and that was amazing! The property has great potential, but is just poorly maintained.
Now the plus sides:
1. The staff is very warm and friendly. Sophia served us good breakfast every morning with a bright smile. We had a chnace to really sit and talk with her. Really liked getting to know this pleasant friendly lady.
2. We got to meet with Andrew, owner's son. What a pleasant nice person! He gave us some good tips about the city and always told us to be safe. He even offered to drive us from Negril to Montego Bay the day we were leaving. He charged $70 - a decent amount for the trip. We really enjoyed meeting this young chap. We hope he is able to turn this hotel around into something truly beautiful.
3. What beautiful view of the sea. If yuo stand near the bar, the sea will actually come and touch you once in a while. Breathtaking!
Our room was pathetic, but I could see how easily it could be transformed into something great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort Located on the cliffs in Negril. Offers a natural, holistic environment. Gardens and paths winding through the limestone to the sea. Swim, snorkle, or scuba dive-(Negril Scuba Centre is located here!) enjoy a message in our spa on the edge of the cliff, or just relax by the pool. 10 cottages- each reflecting the rich,vibrant cultural heritage of Jamaica,from India to Africa, Asia to Europe. Service personalized to the guest's individual wishes. Come Escape, relax, and rejuvenate your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Negril Escape Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Escape Hotel Negril
- Negril Escape Resort And Spa