This resort is not on the beach, but right on the cliffs. It is possible to swim in the sea from the cliffs. There is good snorkeling right from the resort. We saw even some dolphins. There is no beach on walking distance. In morning there is one free shuttle to the seven miles beach about 7 km from the hotel, which returns in the afternoon. The resort exists our of a number of buildings each with 2 rooms downstairs and 2 up-stairs. Those rooms with sea view are slightly more expensive. Many have a sea view. I spent most of the time enjoying the sea and view from the balcony and reading a book in the hammock. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there out of season in May and it was very quiet. The rooms could be improved by screens to keep the few insects out and to be able to sleep with a cool sea breeze rather than using the air conditioning.
This place is great for snorkelers, divers, couples and for families with children that are able to swim well. I do not recommend it for young children, neither for those who love the crowds and want to party.
Breakfast isn't great. The resort restaurant is a bit pricey, but opposite to the exit, a bit to the right, there is a small local eatery were they can prepare good local dishes at budget prices. Hygiene standards might not be as you are used at home, but we never got sick. If you want something special you can order in advance. You should not be in hurry as the service is very relaxed.
Because my son was diving we were able to bargain a sea view room for the price of normal room. The dive centre made a professional impression on us and the dive masters were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort Located on the cliffs in Negril. Offers a natural, holistic environment. Gardens and paths winding through the limestone to the sea. Swim, snorkle, or scuba dive-(Negril Scuba Centre is located here!) enjoy a message in our spa on the edge of the cliff, or just relax by the pool. 10 cottages- each reflecting the rich,vibrant cultural heritage of Jamaica,from India to Africa, Asia to Europe. Service personalized to the guest's individual wishes. Come Escape, relax, and rejuvenate your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Negril Escape Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Escape Hotel Negril
- Negril Escape Resort And Spa