Nice looking campus on the cliffs. Spoiled by poor attitude on the part of management. They seemed resentful I was there. This is off season, so lots of options. I should have left the first day. Lots of petty conflicts over small issues. Finally I moved to another hotel, where everyone was very friendly.
The hotel is not fancy, but is right on the cliffs. Lonely Planet puts it in the luxury category, which is clearly a major exaggeration. But I do not need fancy. What I did not like was the almost hostile attitude.
The dive shop, which is at the hotel, was very nice. Dive masters were friendly and competent. Clear water, Diving not the best in the world but good enough, as one of my friends likes to say about almost everything.
Use the dive shop but don't stay in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort Located on the cliffs in Negril. Offers a natural, holistic environment. Gardens and paths winding through the limestone to the sea. Swim, snorkle, or scuba dive-(Negril Scuba Centre is located here!) enjoy a message in our spa on the edge of the cliff, or just relax by the pool. 10 cottages- each reflecting the rich,vibrant cultural heritage of Jamaica,from India to Africa, Asia to Europe. Service personalized to the guest's individual wishes. Come Escape, relax, and rejuvenate your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Negril Escape Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Escape Hotel Negril
- Negril Escape Resort And Spa