“It just keeps getting better!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Westender Inn Spring Sale
Ranked #9 of 91 hotels in Negril
Maritimes
“It just keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our third trip to the Westender - a total of over 30 glorious days and nights hanging out at this great small inn at the far west end of Negril. We crave the peace and quiet, the hypnotic views of the sea, chatting to the other guests and most of all having the chance to get to know and be taken very good care of by the down to earth, professional but warm and friendly staff! We took friends on this trip and of course were concerned that they appreciated our home away from home in Jamaica. No worries there...they have already booked a Xmas visit with family and friends! The only downside is that I do feel a little sad when leaving! We have found the atmosphere perfect for us. We love being out in the country, knowing that we can head into cliffside restaurants or to the beach anytime at a fair price. We love our morning breakfasts at Westies, sitting out on the point watching the surf pounding in, late evening swims in the Jamaica shaped pool and sleeping in the comfortable bed while listening to the peaceful night sounds. The Westender is a perfect option for people who appreciate staying in a small friendly, well- run inn that takes pride in friendliness, service and in the peace that being in the country can afford you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a late check in at Westender, and Raymond just quickly let us into our room, we didn't get bogged down by the check in process so we were able to go straight to sleep. Woke up the next morning to their comp breakfast cooked fresh to order (LeRoy is an AWESOME cook), chatted with Bill their F&B manager about local hangout spots (great recommendations). Then went for a cool down in their pool, before we took their shuttle into town for some more food and also to the beach for some jet-skiing, hanging out and walking along the beach. The property is out of the way but the property is so quiet, relaxing and really convenient if you want to go anywhere since they have a shuttle right there. Everyone at Westender is SO pleasant, Keith, their GM, knows how to run a business! Honest, good, no-hustle, clean, helpful. We even hired their driver, Germaine, on his off day to take us around town to do our engagement photos. Then the staff put together a bonfire for my fiance and I during dinner along the waters/cliffs, along with a signed sky lantern with "CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS & VIVIEN" on the lantern, we lit it and we all watched it sail into the sky. MAGICAL and AMAZING night for us :) THANK YOU WESTENDER!

Room Tip: We were in the deluxe oceanview room, we could hear the waves crashing against the rocks from the ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Let me start off by saying that this is my second stay at Westender Inn. This hotel is simply amazing! Great staff, great food, great people! We spent 5 days and we had so much fun. What we love about Westender Inn is that it's quiet and away from all the noise of the busy streets. I recommend that you rent a car if you're planning on staying there. To get downtown into the heart of Negril, it's a 15 minutes drive. It only took us 7 Minutes to get to Ricks Cafe from the hotel. We didn't mind driving 15 minutes to get to the hotel because once we got there, it was so quiet & peaceful, unlike other hotels whereas you step out, there's someone bothering you to buy any sort of souvenirs. The main pool is always clean, the infinity pool gets sand or other stuff from the ocean inside when the sea gets rough, they always clean it once the sea gets calm. The food was great! We stayed in the Almond Suite, room #14, which was recommended by Renee who was so polite & very helpful. The room is HEAVENLY! It has a nice King size bed with plush sheets, a Jacuzzi, Fridge, Microwave, Flat Screen TV with Direct TV & a Coffee Maker. There's also a little living room area with a sofa. A slide door separates the living/bedroom area from the spacious balcony. The balcony has a patio table with two chairs, a hammock, a rocking chair and a Chaise lounge. Did I say anything about the view from the balcony ?? It's AMAZING! I highly recommend that you stay at this amazing hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
North Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I visited Jamaica for the first time ever and boy what a fabulous experience I had.. From the driver Nelson that picked myself, sister and friend up from the airport to the entire staff at the Westender.. I loved the hospitality and how I felt welcome and not like a common tourist.I know I thanked everyone while I was there but I would like to have it where everyone could read.. Thank you again Jermaine, Dane, Renee, Kaylene, and all the staff at the Westender. You really made my first experience the best ever and I definitely plan on a return visit so I can "turn up" again... P.S. the guys and gals deserve a raise and I am definitely recommending Westender to everyone I know that is planning a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
East Coast Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I have vacationed all over the US, Cancun, Bahamas, and Jamaica twice over the last 15 years. We have been looking for the VERY BEST VACATION. We have never had a location, group of people or vacation experience impact us as we did here. Not only will we go back but we are trying to figure out how to go back before the end of the year. This may seem overboard but they earned it.

Now for the details. You have read it in 50% of the reviews you’ve read but I will say it again. Do not go hear if you are looking for activities, night life, and entertainment and partying. This resort is for rest, relaxation, serene peace and quiet…. Except for the crashing waves on the rocks.

The pampering and great customer service starts the minute you leave the airport. Waiting outside baggage claim was Dane who drove us to the resort telling us about the many sites along the way. Throughout our 7 day stay the beginning of June we enjoyed room service every morning, lunch on the balcony of the Almond suite and many nights eating dinner watching the sun set over the horizon. We would call down and order our meals and relax until they arrived. Fresh, Jamaican meals and sides that were all fantastic. The grounds were immaculately maintained, the rooms well-furnished and kitchen with all the amenities. The salt water pool was great for a swim just across the street from the Inn next to the restaurant.

The people were the difference. We met the owner while we were there. He was overseeing the remodeling of the restaurant and a few of the rooms. I can’t wait to go back and see the difference. But this man has been in love with Jamaica since he visited as a child and it shows. He is trying to make a world class place of rest and relaxation way off the beaten path. Keith, what can I say, he was the man! His professionalism, warm spirit and absolutely complete dedication to his guest and staff was remarkable. If anything goes wrong- don’t be an jerk and complain later- tell him and he will fix it! From the wonderful and charming front office staff Renee and Kaylene, to Shelton and Kinesha, the best room service wait staff on the island everyone was some friendly and polite. Although we tipped them for their great service, it was never expected and always appreciated. Parchy, was friendly and showed us around the property telling us of the history and culture. The daily shuttle driver, Jermaine hooked us up with restaurants, a grocery store stop and even exchanged our big bills of US currency for us while we were shopping. I felt like there was nothing we could have asked for that the staff wouldn’t have tried to accommodate. These people are like friends and family and not something you will ever find at a huge island all-inclusive.

The property is located on the North end of the island so it almost never rains there and the waves were huge crashing against the rocks. The beach was nonexistent due to the huge surf but this may be seasonal. Besides if you want a sandy beach, 7 mile beach is a $7 per day per person shuttle ride away. It has taken me over a month to post this review because I knew I would type forever but you have to know, this place is heaven if you want to relax, unwind and enjoy the food, crashing waves and warm people of Jamaica. Please click HELPFUL for this review if you have gotten his far... so I know, maybe, I have helped you find your paradise too!

The Odom's from Florida

Room Tip: Almond, Dolphin and Cactus are second floor suites (bath and large room with kitchen, seating area a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I returned for a visit to The Westender Inn this March (2013). We had such a rewarding experience with too many fabulous memories to tell!!
We booked easily online-with a preference for a certain room/location. No problem! Our son was with us a well as our niece and husband- so a family trip!.
We encourage travel here if you like:

beautiful surroundings
responsive, supportive staff, clean rooms (flowers on bed okay???)
fun and relaxing!!

Running up the hill is a challenge for exercise- the view "Priceless"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Living & working in a big city day to day we were looking for somewhere to relax, recharge & enjoy the wonders of Jamaica. The Westender Inn exceeded all of our expectations. We spent 14 days enjoying the serenity & quiet offered by the Westender. The property is beautiful & diverse, the personal attention from the staff was exceptional, the chefs prepared fresh, delicious meals introducing us to authentic cultural meals that we loved. Transportation to 7 mile beach is available through out the day if you are looking for action but returning to the Westender to relax and enjoy the sunset is the way to go! We already booked to return next year with our family. We love this place!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Westender Inn? Share your experiences!