“A place to get away from it all!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Westender Inn to your Saves list
Westender Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West End Rd, Negril 03277, Jamaica   |
Ranked #8 of 91 hotels in Negril
“A place to get away from it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Living & working in a big city day to day we were looking for somewhere to relax, recharge & enjoy the wonders of Jamaica. The Westender Inn exceeded all of our expectations. We spent 14 days enjoying the serenity & quiet offered by the Westender. The property is beautiful & diverse, the personal attention from the staff was exceptional, the chefs prepared fresh, delicious meals introducing us to authentic cultural meals that we loved. Transportation to 7 mile beach is available through out the day if you are looking for action but returning to the Westender to relax and enjoy the sunset is the way to go! We already booked to return next year with our family. We love this place!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
london, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My sister and I spent 3 nights at the Westender Inn and had a wonderful time. We stayed in one of the cabins which was very clean and well priced. The staff were very friendly and courteous and Keith with his ever friendly smile made sure that we were well catered for. It's a quiet and peaceful hotel in beautiful surroundings just the right place to relax. I have recommended this hotel to my son who will be travelling to Jamaica in June and also to couple other friends who are considering planned holidays in the near future. Although only a short time spent there, we will most definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked this hotel through a Groupon deal. The Westender Inn is nice overall, depending on what you are looking to do on your vacation. It is far off the beaten path. Although they say they are close to downtown Negril and Rick's Cafe, it is far past them. You will have to take a shuttle that can cost you about $30 for 2 people round trip. The property is well-kept and pretty, and it is very quiet.

There is no beach, although there is water. This is because there are cliffs (aka rocks) instead of sand. While you cannot go out on a beach, the sound of the water is very relaxing.

The rooms were a decent size, and the Direct TV was pretty good. There were certain channels that you could not get at different times (maybe satellite issues).

The weirdest thing was the bed. The king size bed consisted of 2 twin size mattresses on a king size frame. Needless to say, not very fun when you are there with your honey. It forces you both to sleep on one of the beds, which is like only having a twin size bed. The towels in the room were horrible. They were the cheap kind that leave pieces of the towel behind on you when you dry off. I found strands of hair (from the head) from some other person on the towels on two occasions. Yuck!

The restaurant was pretty good. The first day we got there, we went for a late breakfast and they didn't even have half of the items on the menu because they had to go to the market. When they did have the food in stock, it was pretty good. Remember, there are no other places to eat anywhere close! They close pretty early too, so make sure to plan for your dining needs accordingly.

Long story short, this is a great place if you just want to relax with your mate. If you want to get out and explore Negril, you should stay on a hotel that is on the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side near the water so the waves can put you to sleep! Try to be on the top f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Westie_Negril, General Manager at Westender Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the Westender Inn. We are very pleased with all the positive Tripadvisor comments we received over the years and we work hard to ensure all our guests are just as satisfied. Currently, we are in the process of renovating all our rooms, upgrading linen, landscape, website and the overall hotel appearance. After we are done, we will be sending out announcements.

Negril is divided into 7 miles of white sandy beach and 7 miles of rocky cliffs. This contrast give guest a choice of two distinct experiences. The beach is more touristy and the cliffs is more laid back, relaxing and (I believe) closer to real a Jamaican experience

The Westender Inn is located on Negril cliffs (1.5 miles from Rick’s Café and 7 miles to the center of town). The vast majority of our guests come to the Westender Inn because they prefer a private location that is close to town but not in the middle of all the action. We have shuttle buses for airport transfer and to move guest around town or tours. The cost for Westender Inn local shuttle is 3.50 per person each way. If you do not use Westender Inn shuttle, the cost could be much higher.

Some of our rooms have twin beds combined into a king bed. However, we also have many other rooms with single king beds. I am sorry we did not get a chance to talk before you left. We could have switched your room or change bedding option.

Thanks again your feedback. We will definitely use it to continue improving the hotel and our guest experience.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

There was a LivingSocial deal that a friend and I chose to take advantage of to stay at the Westender. From the get go, the staff at the Westender were wonderful. Keith took care of our arrangements and when we arrived, we found out that we were upgraded to an ocean-view suite. Every morning, we would sit and read by our balcony as the waves crashed against the cliffs.

The saltwater pool was a perfect spot to read and enjoy the sound of the waves crashing on the cliffs nearby, and I encourage anyone staying here to get a seaside massage. You'll feel lighter, rejuvenated, and just delighted in general after experiencing Tara's healing touch.

The hotel is more remote than some of the others, but it never felt like we were too far away from Negril proper. We could easily take the shuttle into Negril when we wanted to, or to go out to eat. I would advise to travel with at least one other companion generally if attempting some of the more local thoroughfares versus those associated with tourist spots and hotels.

The staff was entirely wonderful, fully committed to providing the best service to its clients. By the end of the stay, I felt like I had made new friends rather than stayed at a hotel. Staff recommendations for places to eat, what beach to visit, and more were all wonderful. One (of many!) nice thing about the Westender is that it's so small, you get to know some of the other visitors to the island by virtue of bumping into each other regularly.

Two notes: the massage included in the Living Social package was for one massage only, so if there is a second person on the trip, that's an added expense! Also, the Westender staff was absolutely professional, courteous, and respectful, but as we were two women traveling together, I did find that some locals in Negril proper were far more aggressive than they might have been if I had brought a male travel companion along.

I cannot say enough about the Westender Inn: from the beauty of the location to the cleanliness of the room to the terrific customer service provided by all staff members (Colleen, Renee, Jermaine, Chris, Keith, etc.) to just the breath of fresh air the inn provides for one who hadn't taken an overseas vacation in a long time - it was just perfect.

I will certainly be visiting again, and will encourage all of my friends to do so as well!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Westender Inn is at the far west end just outside of Negril, near Rick's and the Lighthouse. If you want to park yourself in an all inclusive resort, this is not for you. We had a rental car and were glad we did-all except for the driving part :-). The staff is very friendly and the food is great. We were steps from the water, although during the time we were there the waves crashing on the rocks made the little beach unswimmable.

Room Tip: There are four rooms in our buliding - two on the first level and two on the upper that have great v...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Westender Inn has to be the most beautiful hotel/inn in Negril. The place looks exactly like the photos that they have posted on their website

The view from the rooms are gorgeous! You have your own spacious private balcony with a hammock!! Most of all the service is great!

Big thank you to Renee. I called in advance and told her what I wanted and she recommended the room. When we arrived and she walked us into the room my mouth dropped! The room was absolutely amazing!

I will definitely be returning to the Westender whenever I am staying in Negril!

• Stayed March 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westender for our second year anniversary. We decided to stay there based on the reviews. All I can say is that the Westender is more than what people write. There is nothing like experiencing it for yourself. The people there and in the rest of Negril are the nicest people that I have ever met in my entire life.As long as the Westender is there, I will be back!!!! My new home!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Westender Inn? Share your experiences!