“Pure Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Inverness, Florida
“Pure Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My fiancee and I recently returned from Catcha. This was our first stay here, but have stayed many times elsewhere in Negril including others on the Cliffs.
This was the BEST....everything was perfect. Food was especially good!!! Grounds lovely. We had a villa and found the air conditioning worked fine and the bed was very comfortable, towels new, clean & fluffy. The pool was adorable and used all day by us. Snorkeled with Famous Vincent...affordable, good length...not short like some others. Catcha is quiet, relaxing, clean, safe, great location, very friendly/helpful staff. No entertainment. No mosquitoes or bugs...lots of butterflies & hummingbirds. Wayne taxied us to and from airport...highly recommend him. The sunsets were gorgeous...see my photos. Some people jumped off the cliffs here, water is crystal clear, clean and beautiful blues/greens.
I could go on and on....to some it up ....just wonderful...will return for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Catcha was the best place my husband and I have stayed and we travel frequently!!! The staff is very friendly. Shelly's the best, she cooked us a special dinner. It was absolutely delicious and she surpised us with pumpkin soup that was not on the menu!!! The grounds are lush,very tropical and they keep it very private. Most of the time it was like we had the place to ourselves. My favorite thing was relaxing by the pool or on the cliffs with a frozen drink!! The only problem I can think of is we won't make it back to Catcha soon enough!!!

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have been travelling to Jamaica for 30+ years; Negril for 25 of those years. I have stayed on the beach, the cliffs and everything else in between from the luxurious to the rustic. I fell in love with Negril many years ago and Catcha from the first time I stayed within those gates; 5 years ago. The rustic beauty, the accomodations, the many private cliff seating areas, the new pool, the landscape, the food and early morning coffee but, most of all the loving staff........I just can't imagine any better place to be......I always feel as if I am coming back home the minute I step through the gates!
I love you guys.......Sally

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Just the facts: Awesome location, Amazing views, Friendly staff, Excellent restaurant, Expensive Restaurant compared to local fare, Strong drinks, Unparalleled Cliff Diving. Unexpectedly Good Snorkeling in the Cove, Good Rapport with other guests, Very safe and secure, Owner onsite and working, Owner's dog Ben also on duty and patrolling, Great small and refreshing pool.

HOWEVER, despite all the positives outlined above there were two Overwhelming negatives that are both easily corrected. And really should be corrected.

We stayed in one of the new condos which are sort of like villas. Kitchenette, living room etc.

#1 Air Conditioner the entire unit. Only the Bedroom has AC (barely) and the rest of the unit was blistering hot from wakeup until after dark. SERIOUSLY uncomfortable. Sweatfest 2010. Man if you don't love heat and humidity stay somewhere else.The only upside is that we will absolutely check to make sure that ANY future vacation accomodations are 100% fully ACed.

#2 The mattress was horrible. I mean come on. You're on vacation and you have to be thinking about your mattress. Such a beautiful property and then you get some sort of lumpy, squishy, indented blob for a mattress. WOW

So would we stay there again?
After I personally call and make sure that the above 2 issues are resolved. Yes
If things remain status quo. No way

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I highly recommend Catcha for any couple. The location is awesome! We could sit out on our porch and look at the cliff divers at Ricks.
The pool was not yet finished when we were there, so I can't imagine how much better it would be with the pool.
When we arrived, they had flower pedals all over the bed and a great breakfast ready for us.
We spent half of our honeymoon here on the cliffs, and the other half on the beach at Couples Swept Away. Both very different hotels, yet both awesome!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Melrose, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I would like to first thank all the people that rated Catcha so highly before us, because they did play a role in our making the final decision. Beyond that I want to thank EVERYONE at Catcha for making our wedding/vacation the most memorable and wonderful experience.

The staff were absolutely the best from the front gate to the cliffs everyone you come across has nothing but love and respect to offer. The table servers and bar tenders do everything to keep the mood light and fun and provided entertainment/singalongs well into the night even after normal hours.

My only regret is that we didnt eat more meals at Catcha, we wanted to experience some other places but none had the perfect mix of the atmosphere and quality that we had overlooking Catcha's masterfully carved out ocean cove (my hat tipped to the Chefs and Masons responsible). Sunsets on the west coast of this Island are inspiring and the food only made it better. i wouldnt blame you for eating breakfast lunch and dinner everyday you stay here.

We stayed in Venus (main building) and Sagitarius (villa next to Ivans Bar). We were in Venus while we waited for Sagi to become available, and the view from the 2nd floor made it hard to leave. The size of the rooms and the amenities of the main building make these rooms extremely nice and comfortable. As for Sagi, being right next to the bar has ups and downs. The proximity to Ivan's makes it convenient for many reasons, but if you are looking for absolute quiet, consider the main building. Ty and Kevin know how to throw a party and as long as people refuse to go to bed they will keep the singalong going and soursop and rum flowing (nothing closing the bathroom door and cranking the AC wont fix though).

The property itself is amazing too, the natural feel of the grounds and vegetation have a feel of being in the countryside, while the patios built into the cliffs bring you seemlessly to the number of cliff jumps provided for breathtaking leaps into the ocean. A word of warning, other than the pool there is no easing into the water here. You either jump from 10 ft or 33 ft, and while you're in the water, the chop of the currents against the cliffs are serious business. Swimming is not for the feint of heart or beginners. But if my under 10 nephews can do it, its pretty sad if you cant.

We had a group of about 20 for our wedding and everyone had nothing but great things to say about this place. We left much of the preparation for the ceremony up to them and every aspect was perfect, even the afternoon rain storm cooperated by coming early and cooling off the area for us. If you are thinking of a destination wedding Catcha is your place. If you have enough guests you could easily take over the property and enjoy all this as a private party. But, rest assured even if you dont, this is still the type of place you can share without feeling like being over crowded

I could go on forever, even the salamanders working over time to control the bug situation went out of there way for us (seriously to not get bitten once on a carribean island is pretty amazing).

the Ferns

keep those flashlights flashing...2 flashes = yeah mon

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

This was our first trip to Jamaica, and I could not have pictured anything like we experienced. This resort is amazing. I work in high end resort setting and this is exactly what I was looking for. Not only was the service 4 Diamond, but the resort is intimate, and romantic. The amenities from the front porch massages to the giant inflatable raft that the staff tied up for us for the entire week everything was above and beyond. We stayed in Libra this room overlooks the cliffs and has an astonishing view of the sunsets. We made amazing memories and even more amazing friends everyone on the staff is now part of our family. We will be back every chance we have to take a vacation. Catcha and staff have changed our outlook on life and what is truly important to us, people. If you are going to Negril this is were you want to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!