“This is were to stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SPECIAL OFFER!! HURRY
Ranked #3 of 91 hotels in Negril
Largo, Florida
“This is were to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

This was our first trip to Jamaica, and I could not have pictured anything like we experienced. This resort is amazing. I work in high end resort setting and this is exactly what I was looking for. Not only was the service 4 Diamond, but the resort is intimate, and romantic. The amenities from the front porch massages to the giant inflatable raft that the staff tied up for us for the entire week everything was above and beyond. We stayed in Libra this room overlooks the cliffs and has an astonishing view of the sunsets. We made amazing memories and even more amazing friends everyone on the staff is now part of our family. We will be back every chance we have to take a vacation. Catcha and staff have changed our outlook on life and what is truly important to us, people. If you are going to Negril this is were you want to stay.

646 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I can't say enough good things about Catcha and the staff! We spent 6 fantastic days at this resort and would have stayed longer if we could. The grounds and the setting are truly spectacular. We stayed in Sagi and loved being so close to the water and enjoying the stunning views from our patio. While there are many great places to explore in and around Negril, we didn't venture far as Catcha had everything we could ask for. Great food, awesome drinks and a terrific staff to help us with anything we needed. Kevin and Ty make some mean cocktails and we tried everything on the menu and loved it all. Best dish by far was the Jerk Penne Pasta- try it with Snapper and you won't be disappointed!
Highly recommend bringing your snorkel gear and jumping in right off of the cliffs. There are great spots right around Catcha to see lots of underwater life and just enjoy the sea. For the adventurous types, there are many heights to jump from, and for those who just want to take a dip, you can easily get in the ocean, or just enjoy the pool.
Special thanks go out to Mauvette for helping us with everything and Wayne & Dandy for making sure we got around. If you need any transportation- they are who you go to!
Items to note- there is a grocery in the center of Negril that you will pass on your way in from the MoBay airport- or one right across the street from Catcha. Either one should have everything you need for a few days. If you go into Negril, be sure to stop at 3 Dives for some killer Jerk Chicken and a great sunset.

Catcha is the perfect size to accomodate a large group (we had 11 in our party) or for couples. The grounds are set up nicely to allow for privacy, but there is plenty of room for everyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We arrived at Catcha in the evening due to a flight delay. The guard at the gate took care of checking us in. He would hardly let us help at all with the luggage. We had booked both Venusand Aquarius. Both are large suites with gorgeous views from the balconies.

The property is stunning, filled with plants and flowers. My girls loved exploring the different paths to see so many varieties of butterflies. Food was excellent, as always. My twelve year old loved the jerk shrimp so much that she even ordered it for breakfast.

The pool is beautiful, they are currently building a small hot tub. The suites are well equipped. Our only issue was that the a/c did not work in one of the bedrooms. We asked about it twice the second day but it was still not working when we left. We just moved the fan from the living room into the bedroom.

My three teens did just fine here. The oldest two slept in just as they do at the beach. The youngest enjoyed playing cards, swimming, exploring the gardens and playing with the resident cat. We all took a nice long walk up to the place where the westend road forks. Since our stay on the cliffs was short we didn't even have time to do all of the exploring up there that we would have liked. The cliffs have a much quieter feel than the beach. A stay there is a nice way to ease into Jamaica.

The water off the cliffs was rough but there were a few people jumping in. I just prefer to swim where my feet touch the ground. For sheer beauty and great staff, Catcha would be hard to beat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We spent 5 nights at Catcha Falling Star & couldn't have been happier with our experience. It was the perfect hotel for us...cozy affordable rooms, gorgeous grounds, friendly staff, wonderful food and the best bar in Negril. We never strayed too far because nothing else compared to Catcha. Our bartender Ty took wonderful care of us each night with our Appleton & soursop specials (watch out for the Big Bamboo), we couldn't get enough of the Rasta Pasta & Jerk Penne with chicken or shrimp & enjoyed a wonderful private birthday dinner with champagne & candlelight. We look forward to returning to Catcha :)

Buckeye, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

First I would like to say sorry to Andrea and Marvette (in the front office) and everyone from house cleaning to the gardener, for taking so long to give my review. Catcha Falling Star was just as the title sounds, an experience out of a storybook. I know people read a lot of reviews and like to separate himself or herself from the person writing the review, but don't do that for my review. I am a city girl from California. I know what 4 and 5 stars for a good hotel or resort really mean; it is not given, it is earned. And, outside of the lizard I saw that I took a picture of that didn't bother my sister and me at all, I felt like I was back home or in South Beach Florida somewhere. South Beach used to be my favorite place to vacation in the US, but Catcha Falling Star in Negril Jamaica has become my favorite place in the World. The hotel was beautiful, the view itself was breathtaking and the service was incredible. People went out of their way to make sure our experience was remember-able as well as comfortable. And if you want to talk about food, we were recommended to so many different places to eat, but because we ate at Catcha first no other place really had the same level of elegance, flavor or quality. I recommend the trio, the lobster pasta (cream sauce) and the fried shrimp (which is not on the menu). However, if you dare to venture out, we ate at the Rockhouse (hotel side was delicious). if you just want to go to Ricks Cafe to say you went, fine. But really from this hotel you are right next door, and they share the same awesome view. If you are coming from the U.S. and are worried about the water in Jamaica like I was, at this hotel don't be. It was good. Before I conclude, women travelers if you want to shop on your own without spending too much money with a private driver, either shop on your day coming in or going out, or take a regular taxi and travel in a group of at least four or with a guy; just my recommendation. My sister and me were treated like Oprah and Gayle, and I don't think I was ready (smile). I hope my review of Catcha was informative and helpful. I am about to start planning again for this year. God Bless!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
CAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

WOW!
Now that Catcha has a pool...I headed there while the price was right. It was like entering the Bermuda Triangle. We were never seen again. Seriously. We didn't want to leave for anything.

Catcha is everything and MORE than others have said. The service is superb. Mauvette at the front desk is a dream. Nothing was too much trouble. No one in your face. NO nickel and dime (ing) on this property. yay! Unlimited coffee, tea in the mornings (good selections of teas). Ice...yup even allowed us to have ice.

You could charge your meals/drinks to your room. No sweat. We tipped cash and charged to the room. They will even serve it to you on your porch.

The Libra cottage was PERFECT for us. Had a/c and wooden louvered windows. Had a small fridge and microwave.

They supplied candles!!!!! yay! This rarely happens anywhere else.

We had planned on going off the property to eat. We ate every meal at Ivan's. lol. We just didn't want to leave the property and Ivan's was GREAT. We did not find it pricey at all. Very reasonable.

Jackie has worked very hard on the landscaping. I've been on this property several times over the years and it was completely stripped by Hurricane Ivan. It's amazing how lush it is now. In fact it has more vegetation than the higher priced Tensing Pen next door. LOVED the flowers and greenery.

Staying here was a dream come true. I really felt like I was living the dream while being there.

This property is not suitable for children. It's dangerous on the cliffs and they'd be bored. It is a fantastic spot for romance. PERFECT for a honeymoon:)

We loved the staff. Loved the vibe. Loved Libra. Loved Ivan's. In fact there was nothing we didn't love.

My returned at 11:00 pm and had my October dates booked by 11:30 pm :)

You have to book far in advance as it books up fast.

Not much more to say other than it is in the same league as Tensing Pen and Rockhouse at 1/3 of the price.

GEORGIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I stayed here on my honeymoon and loved every second! WE are making plans to go back. The rooms are Great! They are beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The staff is Wonderful!!! We stayed at four different places while in Jamaica (including the Hilton) this way by far the best. If you are looking for a quiet, safe, romantic places to stay......this is it!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!