“My second home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 91 hotels in Negril
West Palm Beach, Florida
“My second home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just returned from our 5th visit to Catcha. My husband and I were married on the property 3 years ago. We go back every year on or near our anniversary. We cannot stay away from the enchanting property and our family (the staff). We have many choices of accomodations between 7 mile beach and the West End, but we would not stay anywhere else. After looking at 13 resorts for our wedding, we can say for absolute certainty, there is NO place like home (Catcha).

Room Tip: Libra and Sagi are our favorites!

651 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
High River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Heaven on earth. The people, the location, the food, the privacy, the easy acsess to the beach or the south coast, the magical ambiance that is Jamaica, are all captured at catcha. Perfect weather in oct, sitting on the cliffs looking across the carribean knowing your right where your supposed to be!

• Stayed October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I visited Negril in October, and had the pleasure of staying at Catcha for almost two weeks. This was not our first trip to Negril and will definitely not be our last! We have a stayed on the 7 Mile Beach side in all inclusives in the past, and decided to give the Cliffs a try. The cliff side is absolutely the best.

First of all, the cliffs of Negril are breath taking themselves, and swimming/snorkeling is much more enjoyable in deep water. Also it is much more private, and of course, the sunsets are exquisite!

The absolute BEST part of Catcha is the staff. Absolutely top notch, friendly and warm. My husband became ill during our stay, and several of the staff "adopted us" as family to ensure comfort during his illness. Our housekeeper, Ms. Nan, really and truly took care of us. Her daily visits included hugs, chats, and whatever my husband or I needed to stay comfortable. We will be lifelong friends. The restaurant staff, particularly Carol, Keneisha and Tanisha were amazing. They sent for fruit that my husband could eat, had the kitchen make him a rich chicken/vegetable stock that he could drink, and kept me distracted with laughter and stories of their wonderful children. The owners were friendly and fun, and the office staff and management bent over backwards to ensure that all was not lost during this vacation. Special and hearty thank yous to Mauvette, Andrea, Jane and Suzanne. Kevin and Ty are the best bartenders on the island.

We arrived during our second week of vacation, and we stayed in the Venus. The suites are amazing - they are apartments with a full kitchen, minus a proper stove. They include a two burner hot plate for cooking. The rooms are much nicer than they appear in the website photos. Nice furnishings, a very comfortable bed, and lovely decorative touches. The view from our balcony was terrific.

The views and the swimming are wonderful, and the owners have added many new additions to the property including expanding Ivan's Bar (great idea!) and building two more suites. They were nearly complete when we left and they are gorgeous!

The food is fantastic. There is a reason why Ivan's Bar and Restaurant is #2 on Trip Advisor for Negril. Fresh and delicious! If you go, you must try either the fish of the day (Grilled, Jerk or Blackened) OR the Jerk Chicken pasta. I could not get enough of it! For breakfast, you must try the Ackee and Saltfish, caliloo and johnny cakes. I tried it and was amazed how delicious it was and now understand why it is a Jamaican staple.

Lastly, Catcha is a very social, fun place to stay. We made several new friends from the States who visit Catcha annually or even more often (wow!). Many have become friends and schedule dinners and pub crawls together. We certainly understand why.

Word is that Libra and Sagittarius are the BEST rooms, even though we were happy with Venus.

Room Tip: Word on the street is that Sagi and Libra are the best (and we did get a peek). We were very happy...
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wanted to tell you we had such an awesome time with you all, (even through the construction). I hope your place is looking as perfect as we expected it to be.
We had so much fun; I wanted to plan a trip for another group. Back in September, we stayed with you and It was amazing. I am trying to gather up a little info for my husbands’ 40th birthday and we were thinking of coming in May (our dates are flexible) and wanted to see what kind of availability, rates, deals, and info I could get from you.

We are looking forward to the trip already.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a memorable stay at Catcha Falling Star. This is a "get-a-way" that is a must do. We stayed at the Sun Suite and we were not disappointed. Our reservation and stay went as planned and the entire staff must be complemented. The rom a bit small, but was very well kept. Houskeeping staff were spot on, clean bathroon daily, clean fresh smell as you open the door after leaving and returning.

The view was breath taking... very romantic settings, the sunset and overall, cliffs and we even saw the dolphins while relaxing and meditating on the pool deck. Ivan's is awesome !!! Service excellent. The entire staff overall were made us feel like "home away from home" The management staff were always visible and the smiles from all members of staff was forever there. Tanika is a must have at any hotel and is a BIG asset to this establishment. We are looking forward to another memorable stay.

KNOXVILLLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am traveling to Negril in November 2012 and staying for 30+ days . I emailed Catcha Falling Star "Cliffs stay@catchajamaica.com 2 times within 2 days of each other. I sent them a private message on the Negril.com website ( following day) on which they are a sponsor and I sent them a private message on their Facebook page asking for a quote for the 30+ day stay that I had planned. After 2 more days, without response from Catcha or their reps, I posted on their Facebook page and asked "if this is how they normally conduct business". Their response.....erase my post.

I have never stayed at Catcha and now, I never will but this speaks volumes as to their customer relations and any void of the customer care of which I am accustom from other Negril hotels that actually appreciate paying customers.

It should be possible to give 0 stars, it is certain it is deserved! The form asked for when I traveled, my response is inaccurate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Greenacres
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at catcha star in august and at first when we approached the entrance we thought we had made a mistake but we were greated by the most pleasant lady sorry we forgot her name. The ambiance of the property was truly romantic especially at night my partner was very impressed with the ambiance of the place .Guys this is not Ritz Calton but i can tell you i have stayed at 4 star all inclusive hotels in the past and there rooms were not as well kept as the ones at at catch star. We also had a beautiful view. We had to leave early due to the threat of a hurricane but we sure will be back. Just one thing we missed the all inclusive deals but the plus is there are great food in negril.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!