My husband and I visited Negril in October, and had the pleasure of staying at Catcha for almost two weeks. This was not our first trip to Negril and will definitely not be our last! We have a stayed on the 7 Mile Beach side in all inclusives in the past, and decided to give the Cliffs a try. The cliff side is absolutely the best.
First of all, the cliffs of Negril are breath taking themselves, and swimming/snorkeling is much more enjoyable in deep water. Also it is much more private, and of course, the sunsets are exquisite!
The absolute BEST part of Catcha is the staff. Absolutely top notch, friendly and warm. My husband became ill during our stay, and several of the staff "adopted us" as family to ensure comfort during his illness. Our housekeeper, Ms. Nan, really and truly took care of us. Her daily visits included hugs, chats, and whatever my husband or I needed to stay comfortable. We will be lifelong friends. The restaurant staff, particularly Carol, Keneisha and Tanisha were amazing. They sent for fruit that my husband could eat, had the kitchen make him a rich chicken/vegetable stock that he could drink, and kept me distracted with laughter and stories of their wonderful children. The owners were friendly and fun, and the office staff and management bent over backwards to ensure that all was not lost during this vacation. Special and hearty thank yous to Mauvette, Andrea, Jane and Suzanne. Kevin and Ty are the best bartenders on the island.
We arrived during our second week of vacation, and we stayed in the Venus. The suites are amazing - they are apartments with a full kitchen, minus a proper stove. They include a two burner hot plate for cooking. The rooms are much nicer than they appear in the website photos. Nice furnishings, a very comfortable bed, and lovely decorative touches. The view from our balcony was terrific.
The views and the swimming are wonderful, and the owners have added many new additions to the property including expanding Ivan's Bar (great idea!) and building two more suites. They were nearly complete when we left and they are gorgeous!
The food is fantastic. There is a reason why Ivan's Bar and Restaurant is #2 on Trip Advisor for Negril. Fresh and delicious! If you go, you must try either the fish of the day (Grilled, Jerk or Blackened) OR the Jerk Chicken pasta. I could not get enough of it! For breakfast, you must try the Ackee and Saltfish, caliloo and johnny cakes. I tried it and was amazed how delicious it was and now understand why it is a Jamaican staple.
Lastly, Catcha is a very social, fun place to stay. We made several new friends from the States who visit Catcha annually or even more often (wow!). Many have become friends and schedule dinners and pub crawls together. We certainly understand why.
Word is that Libra and Sagittarius are the BEST rooms, even though we were happy with Venus.
- Also Known As:
- Catcha Falling Star Negril
- Catcha Falling Star Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are many places to stay in Negril, Jamaica on the cliffs... ...but where else will you be pampered at a cliff property unlike any other on the planet... Catcha Falling Star Resort on the Negril Cliffs...Our lovely little Negril cliff resort property overlooks the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Catcha Falling Star is truly the "Gem of Jamaica". Nestled among the tops of the Negril cliffs of the West End with a spectacular view of the sea below will make you want to "linger longer" in Negril, Jamaica! These seaside cliff cottages capture the true essence and ambiance of Jamaica. Now yours to discover. . . A priceless experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Catcha Falling Star reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.