“Coulda been more” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sensatori Jamaica, by Karisma

You added Sensatori Jamaica, by Karisma to your Saves list
Sensatori Jamaica, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica (Formerly Azul Sensatori Jamaica All Inclusive)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 89 Hotels in Negril
“Coulda been more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

While I understand this is a smaller hotel, I think it could still provide better service. The drinks weren't good, the rooms were run down and full of ants, and the food was minimal. The food you did get was tasty though. The construction didn't put a damper on things. Staff was nice overall except for the two I overheard talking about my family not nicely.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Shiner, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I agree with the remodel.But IMO,I hate to see that it looks like its going to be a 5 star plus remodel job.The staff there is by far makes this place!!There last day was May 7th though.So the ladies on the staff will not be working there while the remodel is going on.The guys on the staff have a choise if they want to work there.The nightly entertainment was very good.The bar staff,Cleon,Junior,Cherly and I might be dorgetting some names was AWESOME!!!!!!~GREAT drinks!!!!!!!!!~The beach grill was GREAT too!!!Food was good IMO.Beach is GREAT.We didnt have any problems with insects on da beach.Snorkeling,well....I know another great placce.I wasnt impressed with the snorkling.Grounds was kept up to a 5 star!!~House keepers was VERY helpful and cleaned everyday,plenty of towels~Was a good place to stay,We will have to see what the price will be when the new place is done.Its going to look very nice.Thanks STAFF for making our staff enjoyable!!!~Vince from Texas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Mrs. Frogits and I celebrated our
26 years anniversary at the Seashore Bay in April!! I will say this- we love the small resorts.. And this was perfect!! Minus a few small details!
Cons--
Do spray for sand fleas.
We found if you spray the sides of beach chairs top to bottom the sand fleas stayed away.. We did spray a couple of times a day!
Fix the tables..
It seemed every table we sat at would jiggle! Really a pain when u try not to spill your drinks!

Pros--
My wife and I were ready to come back the second we landed home!! We love it!!!
We've been throu-out the Caribbean and would come back here on a second!!
The problem I see with the remodel is--the resort will loose all it charm. I love the rooms/pool/restaurants/ grounds!
The expandtion will take a lot of this away-- just update the front of the buildings and this place wood be awesome!!
The staff was really good! Special thanks to Sophia, she took the extra step to make sure our anniversary dinner was special!
Thanks and I hope your manager reads this!! Sophia is special!!
Thanks to the Jamacians.. Certain
to be back to Negril!!!

• Stayed April 2013
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was one of our best vacations and we travel frequently and to a variety of locations. We traveled March 9th through the 16th.

The resort itself was in an excellent location. Could not have asked for a better beach.
Very well maintained and beautiful. Yes it was unfortunate that you have to place towels to save beach chairs but that is the norm everywhere it seems.

The service was exceptional and so many to list so I will say that a few that really stood out were OBrien, ORyan, and Junior. They went out of there way to include you and make you feel comfortable.

ORyan is a phenomenal entertainer and was a treat to listen too and laugh along with him. Junior is an exceptional bartender and made every night fun. OBrien met us as we entered the resort with Champagne and brought us to our room. He will always be there if you need anything.

It is a shame that they are upgrading to the level that they are because just a few minor upgrades and this place would be perfect! It is quaint enough to really mix with everyone if you like. We made some fantastic new friends from Canada.

We found that the food in the main buffet restaurant was just as awesome as the other restaurants. So no need to wait for a table unless you really want to eat inside.

Stanley at the watersports shop was just wonderful! What a super guy! My husband went diving with him a couple mornings and we also took a water taxi over to Booby Cay island through his shop. You will not go wrong using Stanley's services.

We did venture off the resort a few times. We went to Xtabi to have lunch and snorkel. Very cool! Also contacted Sammy for a ride to Mayfield Falls - also very cool! A must do! Not large like Dunn's river but so beautiful and natural. Your guide will take photos of you the entire way! Really a blast!!

It is also a pretty easy walk to go further into the Seven Mile beach area. You can always taxi back like we did at the end if the day. Remember use the taxis with the red license plates only.

So overall loved it and hope that we can make it back in the future. So glad we missed the construction phase.

• Stayed March 2013
Kettering, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this resort on the 7 mile beach of negril. I have to say the staff were absolutely fabulous. The well mannered reception just continued day after day with any staff you engaged with. I never once had to wait in line for a drink, meal, snacks or holiday equipment.

The food is set up with a general buffet set up for breakfast and lunch, which was always filled with numerous choices of delicacies. The at supper time you could eat at the buffet or in the restaurant which alternated between Italian and Jamaican foods each night. Superb! No matter where you ate the food was plentiful, scumptious and definitely 4-5 star. There was also a Snack Shack that served food from 10 am - 2 am each day so you were never far from having something if you so desired.

The beach amenities were alright, nothing special, however the beach itself is stunning! The room we stayed in was old but comfortable.

The gym is a nicely equipped one and ticks all the boxes.

The only downside was the entertainment..................................the house band "relentless" was garbage, and played too many songs that older people didn't know instead of sticking to the ol' raggae classics so we all could sing along.

The staff at SeaShore were the best, friendly, courteous, and willing to help out in any situation.

I am going back to Jamaica next year, but booked elsewhere as SeaShore is going to be under construction for the next year at least and it is major development so the noise would be an issue for me. However, once it is all completed I am definitely going back to a holiday at the Seashore Bay Resort.

My brother and I enjoyed a nice professional massage and this service was readily available and so relaxing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I will try to make this short and to the point. We stayed at the Seashore Bay Resort 4/18- 22 for our annual daughter-mother trip.
We arrived around 10 am. Check in was quick, they wanted to hold $400 on my card for incidentals but I thought that was a little steep being an AI so I put down $200 and that was no problem. We did not have to wait for our room which was on the 3rd floor of building 5.
Room: YES they are dated- after all they are in the process of remodeling, but clean. Housekeeping was done with our room everyday no later than 12:30
We arrived a couple of days after the “tent” issue with breakfast so did not have to deal with that.
YES there is construction going on and the hammers were heard during breakfast so that was a bit annoying, as long as we found our spot on the beach at the end by water sports, the construction didn’t bother us. The beach is gorgeous, clean and there is no chair game going on like the previous posts.
The food was good, I would give it a 9 out of ten. The restaurant staff is VERY accommodating, if there was something that was not on the menu or in the buffet they would actually make it for us, examples: I wanted shrimp fra diavolo in the Italian restaurant, it was not offered on the menu but the chef made me a special plate and it was delicious! During International Night at the buffet, they did not offer chicken curry and I had a mad craving so the chef made us a special coconut chicken curry dish and it was the best I’ve ever had and I think they should always offer that! At the lunch buffet they had a pasta station and I wanted a spicy pasta, so the chef offered to add some fresh Scotch Bonnet peppers- YUM! BREAKFAST was wonderful! Hycinthe made fabulous omelets!! While we were there, they did not run out of booze, like Appleton rum that we liked and drinks like pina colodas and dirty bananas were made with fresh fruit. At dinner we did order a bottle of Kendal Jackson Chardonnay every night because the house wine was just not drinkable. The BEACH Grill was VERY good! The jerk chicken and pork was excellent- yummy spicy sauce!!!
The STAFF was some of the nicest and accommodating I’ve ever met and I NEVER heard the word, “no”. They really make this resort special.
All in all we had a wonderful stay and will most likely return once construction is COMPLETED, just because I really do not want to hear ANY sort of hammers on my vacation.

Room Tip: Building 5 3rd floor is good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have just finished reading the past reviews and find I do agree with some of them and am sorry so many had "ruined" vacations.
We arrived the last two days of the jack hammer so after that the construction noise was just hammering and sawing but that was over most days by 500pm and didnt start until after 9am.And we werent advised about heavy construction either. In fact after repeated calls to our tour company we were told only "soft renovations" to the lobby.
The first day while waiting for our room to be ready(we were early and expected a wait) and after having a tour of the property, we sat by the bar with a cool drink and just soaked up the air and the sun. Then it started- jackhammers from both sides! Yikes! I must say we were a bit concerned. Then that night there wasnt a table to be had in the dining room and the al la carte had a line up.The tent for breakfast the next morning was worse..very little food, full tables, no place to sit..it didnt look good!
Well it did work out- we had a glass of wine and then a table was available in the buffet and we ate breakfast on the beautiul beach. Not a bad way to start the day when you think about it.

By the third day a lot of the guests had left, we knew quite a few of the wonderful staff we found "our" spot on the beach. and as they say we were "chillin".

Pros for this hotel..
An absolutely wonderful staff..I could name almost everyone to be honest but the stars to me were Neville in the dining room(if I owned a restaurant he would be my main man!) Jodi Ann was also wonderful. At the bar Alee-what a sweetie she is- along with Sheryl and Joseph( I know I am not spelling his name right-sorry!) Judith who took care of our room the first week did a great job( but so did the next person who I never did know) so no issues on that end at all.
And a special mention to the Lady of the Eggs- Hycinthe-what a joy it was to see her smiling face every morning! I adopted two more "sons"- Devardo(Dino) and Ashani-lifeguards and beach caretakers. I will post your beach art Dino!
The beach is marvellous.
The size of the hotel is perfect.
Cons:
The damp damp room..by the end of the first week our clothes were practically wet when we put then on. I used the balcony as a dryer! as well as a place to watch the beautiful sunsets.The rain had a lot to do with it I know but we have been in the Caribbean before even during rainy season and never had this amount of moisture in the room.
Not being told ahead of time the extent of the construction so we could make an informed decision to go to the hotel in the first place..
No laundry service! Even though all the hotel information I read previously said it was available. Maybe not an issue for most but I had packed most of one suitcase with school supplies so cut back on clothes expecting to be able to have laundry done midway.
We did have ants one evening and then the next morning I went to the front desk to tell them and housekeeping was at the door with spray before I hardly was back in the room. Ditto with the smoke alarm that needed the battery changing.
I got bit to death by sand flies even not sitting directly in the sand or being on the beach close to Sunset.I started spraying my lounger with bug spray and that helped. Not sure if the hotel could spray?? and of course it could also have been the weather and while this isnt really the hotels fault it was a big con to me!

So all balanced out we had a great time. No issues with food at all really, yes they ran out of tonic water and Absolut vodka but hey there were lots of other mixes and other vodkas. We had bananas for the best Dirty Bananas from Alee.
We met good people had lots of laughs and generally made the best of our vacation. Was the price too high for what we got?-( WE sure didnt get half price and free air David F!!??)probably but we dont regret it. We had the best time.

Room Tip: Try the third floor.Maybe not as damp
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Couples Negril
#10 of 89 in Negril
4.5 of 5 stars 3,468 reviews
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Sensatori Jamaica, by Karisma? Share your experiences!