We had an awesome vacation at the RiuNegril. The rooms were good (don't expect a Hilton-style suite, but they were very clean and we were always given clean towels). Food was really good for an all-inclusive, especially at the restaurants, the Gourmet restaurant and Steak House were excellent meals, the buffets were pretty good as they always had an evening special. The drinks were great, they had everything you could dream up.
The best part was the hotel staff, extremely friendly, very accommodating and extremely entertaining. The shows and dancing were great, this staff can do pretty much anything it seems!
The week we were there they had a steel drums show, coconuts on the beach, evening party on the beach and lots of nightly music and shows.
The Riu ClubHotel is bigger than the Palace and all the other hotels along the bay for that matter. To one side of the hotel is a fish sanctuary so the beachfront is really really long. You can go kayaking, paddleboating, sailing in a catamaran, etc for free. We took a tour to Rick's Cafe on the scuba boat Wild Thing, which included a great stopover snorkelling dive out in the ocean. If you stay late at Rick's to watch the sunset you can take a taxi home. Also went out on Marcus Garvey's little fishing boat to do some snorkelling and he then took us to an island to have lobster. We highly recommend Marcus, you'll find his boat down at the far end of the beach. We also took the CHUKKA 4 x 4 Safari Tour to a local natural waterfall and jacuzzi.
1. Try snorkelling out front of the hotel, if you go far enough there is some amazing wildlife - brain corals, barracuda fish, stingrays, bright fish, starfish, morena, urchins, lamprey, etc.
2. Make restaurant reservations at the reservation desk in the lobby 2 days in advance, get there early and if they are full asked to be put on a waitlist and then show up in case someone cancels.
3. Swimming out front of the hotel is great, not too deep, but there are some rocks and seaweed so you may want to consider water shoes.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Negril
- Riu Hotel Negril
- Rio Negril
- Riu Negril Jamaica
- Club Hotel Riu Negril
- Riu Resort All Inclusive Negril
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Jamaica's west coast in Negril * Located on the beach front * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Main building and four 2-story annexes * Surrounded by 45,000 m2 / 56,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Negril's West End * 7 km / 4.4 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Negril reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.